The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Chimera in the Druid King deck

tauriel01
tauriel01
✭✭✭✭
I must be misunderstanding something. The neutral "power" for the patron is a passive 5 combo, the Chimera goes into your cooldown for 2 power. I paid two power. I had already played 5 druid king cards. No Chimera. What happened? TIA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need to use the patron power to get the Chimera, it's just when you use your 5th Druid card on one turn while the patron is neutral, or your 4th while it's favored.

If the patron was unfavored when you played 5 Druid cards, and THEN you used the patron power, you wouldn't get the Chimera because the passive 5 combo effect wasn't active when you played your fifth Druid card.

If you played/activated your 5th Druid card while the Druid King was neutral and didn't get a Chimera, something might not be working as intended. I don't think you need to play ALL 5 cards while it's neutral, only the 5th one.

Not sure if I understood what you tried to play that turn, but maybe that'll help!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the chimera bonus is a "passive" part of the patron as long as it is neutral or favored

to get the chimera you need to get a 4-5 combo of druid king cards in order to get one (4 combo if its favored, 5 if neutral)

you dont have to spend any power to get the chimera, but using the patron to move it to favored does reduce the combo amount necessary to get a chimera

the "active" portion of the patron that you spend 2 power on lets you cycle 0-2 tavern cards, but i think this action can also be counted towards a druid king combo for the chimera
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to use the patron power to get the Chimera, it's just when you use your 5th Druid card on one turn while the patron is neutral, or your 4th while it's favored.

I didn't realize this. Now I can stop using the Patron so often to try to get a Chimera and can save those 2 power instead.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 16, 2022 5:34PM
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't realize this. Now I can stop using the Patron so often to try to get a Chimera and can save those 2 power instead.

i usually like to use the druid king patron strategically, like if i know i cant afford a good card like rally/armory or something else, then i can deny that card to the opponent and either replacing it with garbage, or something good that i can afford
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • tauriel01
    tauriel01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Like I said, I had played 5 druid cards before hitting the patron, and there was no chimera card anywhere. So something is broken
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tauriel01 wrote: »
    Well, Like I said, I had played 5 druid cards before hitting the patron, and there was no chimera card anywhere. So something is broken

the chimera is added to your cooldown, so in order to see it you would need to force it to the top of your deck with pelin patron (if available), or wait until you shuffle your deck and draw it

my experience though is that by the time you shuffle the deck and draw it, you would have probably just already won the match, this is one of the few things which synergizes well with the pelin deck lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • tauriel01
    tauriel01
    ✭✭✭✭
    tauriel01 wrote: »

the chimera is added to your cooldown, so in order to see it you would need to force it to the top of your deck with pelin patron (if available), or wait until you shuffle your deck and draw it

my experience though is that by the time you shuffle the deck and draw it, you would have probably just already won the match, this is one of the few things which synergizes well with the pelin deck lol

actually i just looked in my cooldown pile to see if it was there. It was not. I also looked in my draw pile to see if it was there. it was not. I looked in the pile of cards I had played that round to see if it was there. It was not. It was not anywhere on the board.
  • Poxilliz
    Poxilliz
    Soul Shriven
    Do you remember if the 5 cards you played were all bought from the tavern, or if some were Totems generated by an agent combo ?
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some posts here say play 4-5 CARDS. Other post say 4-5 COMBOS. There is a huge difference between playing cards and playing combos. So which is it, 4-5 cards or 4-5 combos?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    Some posts here say play 4-5 CARDS. Other post say 4-5 COMBOS. There is a huge difference between playing cards and playing combos. So which is it, 4-5 cards or 4-5 combos?

the passive for the druid king is 4 or 5 druid card combo

however in most cases, 4 cards played count as a 4 card combo, if they are from the same deck even if those cards dont have combo bonuses
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i usually like to use the druid king patron strategically, like if i know i cant afford a good card like rally/armory or something else, then i can deny that card to the opponent and either replacing it with garbage, or something good that i can afford

I think they should and I think they will nerf the patron because as it is now it is an instant get rid of 2 cards your opponent will but for nothing other than 2 power and you can use it infinitely.
    It is unfair as anyone who gets a power advantage can dominate easy, especially when they have druid cars in their deck.
    I think they should nerf it to when it is favoured you cannot use it, like the crow patron for eg.
    It also straight up negates ever using a lot of the tavern cars that replace tavern cards.