The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crow deck is OP - I like it but it needs to be toned down

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
All it needs is higher coin points. From to 4 to 6, from 6 to 10 or so. Whoever gets those purple cards first and in abundance dominates the game. And it's actually pure luck. If you start with 1 and get 5 coin cards you can buy the OP card as your very first one.

This got the point that I started hating ToT more and more. What used to be fun is now frustration. As a workaround I started NOT picking Crow as my patron, but usually opponent does it anyway.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we please stop just asking for nerfs to everything? Either grab those cards yourself, or learn how to use the other decks to counter. Also, if you're losing because your opponent grabs a 5 coin card on the first pull, then you need to analyze what you're doing wrong. I generally focus on grabbing cards that make sense while still be able to swap 1 coin cards for 2 coin cards so that I have the gold needed to build my own deck.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    All it needs is higher coin points. From to 4 to 6, from 6 to 10 or so. Whoever gets those purple cards first and in abundance dominates the game. And it's actually pure luck. If you start with 1 and get 5 coin cards you can buy the OP card as your very first one.

This got the point that I started hating ToT more and more. What used to be fun is now frustration. As a workaround I started NOT picking Crow as my patron, but usually opponent does it anyway.

Try to pick or remove the Plunder (it's the major problem), then just use Rajhin to break combos. All decks are OP if you know how to use it. The only pure luck deck is Orgnum, that's why it's the favorite decks of players that don't want to learn the game.
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    Crow spam can be countered easily. You have to play the other side of TOT. Remove high threats available to your opponent while also building up your purse for better spending and combos.

What I read from your post was that TOT is RNG which is very true. I use to different factions and they are so good that most of the high end rank players go for those combos.
    I just want man flesh.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    People over here acting like theres always a remove button on tavern cards, if it were that easy and available always.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    People over here acting like theres always a remove button on tavern cards, if it were that easy and available always.

Druid King. If you have a problem with crow and see opponent picked Crow deck then counter by picking Druid King deck and remove their options with patron power if you don't want to grab purps yourself.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »

Druid King. If you have a problem with crow and see opponent picked Crow deck then counter by picking Druid King deck and remove their options with patron power if you don't want to grab purps yourself.

Yeah, you do not always have the power and availability of the patron. Crow really does need to be toned down.
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    If the developers nerfed everything that somebody doesn't like we would not have a game to play. I am sure many of us have that deck we hate seeing. I certainly do and it is not Crow.

Rather than wishing my hated deck would be nerfed I am doing my best to learn how to counter it. We all have content we don't enjoy and most of us just leave it to those who do enjoy it.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you do not always have the power and availability of the patron. Crow really does need to be toned down.

That's the game.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I ask for a nerf? No. Did I ask for removing of anything that was already in the game? No.

I myself like purple cards when it is already in the game - it is satisfying when you play those. But I'm aware of the fact that almost anyone ignores other cards the moment they see a purple one. Purple cards are generally cheap, around 4-6 coins and readily available.

I asked for getting it toned down by slightly rising the values of those cards.

Thanks to those that suggested how to counter the purple.
    Edited by maboleth on November 14, 2022 2:33PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple isn't a huge problem. It's one of those strategies that's easy to pull off and seems super powerful when you first start out, but as you play more, it becomes less effective. I'm not saying it doesn't still work even in higher level games, but there are cheaper strategies than crows like Orgnum or Pelin.

Just power rush them down before they get a big combo to beat crows. The black and blue decks help with that, because they let you use your power cards more frequently. Buy purple yourself or remove it to slow them down. Often you'll get to 40 first and win the game before they big combo goes off. And if not, hey you win some, you lose some. I find it more strategic than Pelin rush at least.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 14, 2022 4:52PM
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

That's the game.

Just like Orgnum, right?
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I ask for a nerf? No. Did I ask for removing of anything that was already in the game? No.

I myself like purple cards when it is already in the game - it is satisfying when you play those. But I'm aware of the fact that almost anyone ignores other cards the moment they see a purple one. Purple cards are generally cheap, around 4-6 coins and readily available.

They already did 'tone it down' by increasing the cost of Scratch from 3 to 4. Understanding how big an impact that is goes a long way to realising why crow only gets out of control if one player refuses to interact with the tavern.

Also if you look at the druid deck, you'll understand why crow is quite tame when it comes to comboing off!
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »

They already did 'tone it down' by increasing the cost of Scratch from 3 to 4. Understanding how big an impact that is goes a long way to realising why crow only gets out of control if one player refuses to interact with the tavern.

Also if you look at the druid deck, you'll understand why crow is quite tame when it comes to comboing off!

I'm not seeing this craziness from druid deck. I have picked mainly those neon cards at times and been beaten quite easily. There are some very offensive cards that will combo off of anything and get out of control. But the same could be said about crow, and honestly some of those 6 coin cards need to be a 7 coin card.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to listen to my own music instead of ToT when I play… and it’s all because of the crow deck.

Because every time I hear that freaking crow combo sound go off I just want to smash my head through the nearest window. It’s a bit triggering. I’m much more relaxed if I can’t hear it go off.

Now, off to anger management class I go.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I find it more strategic than Pelin rush at least.

The Pelin rush is no joke. I've had opponents get some ridiculous doses of RNG where they get the perfect Pelin cards early on and just cruise to 40 prestige in minutes...

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delenn35 wrote: »
    ...every time I hear that freaking crow combo sound go off I just want to smash my head through the nearest window. It’s a bit triggering...

This triggers me too and unless I have some great cards to counter it I just concede at that point.

I find that these players often ignore the Crow patron which would give them a quick victory and just continue to buy cards and make more combos and drag it out as long as they can. I'm not going to sit there being subjected to more "bump" "bump" "bump" when I know it's hopeless.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I find it more strategic than Pelin rush at least.

The Pelin rush is no joke. I've had opponents get some ridiculous doses of RNG where they get the perfect Pelin cards early on and just cruise to 40 prestige in minutes...

Yeah. Everyone complains about crows but they are easy to see coming, require combining all at once, and usually take a long time to get a big chain. Pelin, the game can literally be practically decided within the first couple of turns.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...every time I hear that freaking crow combo sound go off I just want to smash my head through the nearest window. It’s a bit triggering...

This triggers me too and unless I have some great cards to counter it I just concede at that point.

I find that these players often ignore the Crow patron which would give them a quick victory and just continue to buy cards and make more combos and drag it out as long as they can. I'm not going to sit there being subjected to more "bump" "bump" "bump" when I know it's hopeless.

YES YES YES

All of this!!!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

That's the game.

Just like Orgnum, right?

Right! That's why I never asked to nerf it. I just hate it and fight it. :smiley:
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭

YES YES YES

All of this!!!

Sometimes when I'm in these one games and the other player is purposely holding up the game, and its been going for a while I notice that I don't get a penalty for conceding. So a system is working there.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YES YES YES

All of this!!!

Sometimes when I'm in these one games and the other player is purposely holding up the game, and its been going for a while I notice that I don't get a penalty for conceding. So a system is working there.

I think what we are discovering is that there is actually nothing wrong with this game... it's just the people who play it.

;)
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭

YES YES YES

All of this!!!

I think what we are discovering is that there is actually nothing wrong with this game... it's just the people who play it.

;)

um ok?