The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Truly Superb Glyph of Decrease Health Enchantment (Oblivion Damage) and Infused Trait

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Will I get the 25% damage increase ...the tool tip still says Max Damage of 4875....Would I get 6093 damage at the max?
or is it maxed at 4875?

Tankz!

Z
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure infused works on the oblivion dmg enchant

the gold oblivion enchant is fixed at 7.5% hp dmg from the target, capping at the listed 4875

if infused worked i would guess it would change the %hp dmg, but not the hard cap on oblivion dmg

edit: also just an FYI, is that while it says max dmg is 4875, to actually hit that you would need to be attacking a target of at least 100k hp to "cap" the dmg, and that oblivion dmg itself cannot crit, so if you were thinking of this for pvp, you will never hit that 4875 dmg because of oblivion being %hp
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on November 17, 2022 4:39PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Necrotech_Master

Seems like Infused does nothing on this Enchantment it looks like....?

PVE:
    I hit the 4875...and of course it never went over. 15/17 crits were listed for the glyph, avg 4755
    The 2nd time
    27/28 crits listed with an avg damage of 4802, maxed at 4875
    My LAs crit and I can see that damage change. (5/17x)

I guess this gyph is only good for PVE if you have a low crit rating.
    The only benefit of infused is it will 'fire' faster because of the 50% reduced enchant cool down.
    I am not sure if I don't hit my 4875 if it is giving me 25% more

Maybe I will transmute to Decisive....?

Thotz?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you hit a target at 100k hp or higher, it will always hit the hard cap, which is like the vast majority of pve enemies

based on your testing i also think your right that infused is likely doing nothing for the enchantment outside of the cooldown reduction
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you hit a target at 100k hp or higher, it will always hit the hard cap, which is like the vast majority of pve enemies

based on your testing i also think your right that infused is likely doing nothing for the enchantment outside of the cooldown reduction

Thanks @Necrotech_Master - appreciate the feedback!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decisive is considered pretty bad. It doesn't boost your ultimate gain by 40%, it gives you a 40% chance to gain 1 ultimate each time you gain N ultimate.

Your main source of ultimate is gaining 3 ultimate each second you're actively in combat, so Decisive only adds .4 per second to that. Of course, if you have a specific build in mind that took this into consideration, go ahead! But generally for builds, there's always something better.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decisive is considered pretty bad. It doesn't boost your ultimate gain by 40%, it gives you a 40% chance to gain 1 ultimate each time you gain N ultimate.

Your main source of ultimate is gaining 3 ultimate each second you're actively in combat, so Decisive only adds .4 per second to that. Of course, if you have a specific build in mind that took this into consideration, go ahead! But generally for builds, there's always something better.

Hey @tsaescishoeshiner

Thanks!

Hmmm...it seems like I get more Ultimate with decisive, but like you said - not worth it.

Sustain is not an issue for me overland, using things like Restoring Focus and Caltrops for resistances/pene...

Nirnhoned?

Bummed about infused....that seemed like the best choice

Thotz?
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ..hoping there is a chance you will read this

Is this a bug - Infused enchantment does not work on Truly Superb Glyph of Decrease Health Enchantment to increase damage past 4875, but increases the frequency and cool down only?

Thanks,

Z

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Observation in PvP.

Caveat - I kind of suck (hard) at PvP

But this enchant is crit hitting more than ~75% of the time. And yes, it is low about 1875 per hit.
    But in some cases it is my highest damage dealer per encounter.
    The last 6 encounters

Crits/Hits (combat metrics)
    10/13
    6/6
    1/3
    2/3
    5/5
    6/6
    2/3
    5/5

Still not sure if I am getting 25% more damage, but it seems it is firing more often....

PVP experts willing to risk this and give it a try?