Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else get the ESO survey today?

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
I found the questions to be interesting. Pretty much asking I liked or disliked about various aspects of the game - or, maybe more accurately, what I liked/disliked and found interesting and enjoyed or not. Naturally my answers favoured PvE content.

Made me wonder if it was aimed at helping them decide what direction to take the game in.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 11, 2022 7:04PM
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any survey, are you PC or console?
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on Xbox Series X.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither, but perhaps they sent it to a random sample. @robwolf666 : was it emailed, or a message within this forum, or something else ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    I get 1 today, but i think 6 months ago i had also a survey, van not remember of it was the same one.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random people will get them after sending a report. They don't mean anything.
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    I really wish they would do a lot more survey's.
    I think that way they could get a more genuine answer vs forums or social media or content creators.

I would love to see them every update \ expansion.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Me neither, but perhaps they sent it to a random sample. @robwolf666 : was it emailed, or a message within this forum, or something else ?

It was an email recieved yesterday.
    5gki81ac8lob.jpg
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a survey yesterday and I've heard some people have been getting them over the last few weeks. I suspect the questions you get asked change as you're going through it, based on your previous answers.

Mine was mostly about what activities and types of releases I find most or least interesting, then went into asking which rewards motivate me. The only part it asked for clarification on was why I said I'm not interested in set items and I wasn't sure how to answer that because in general I'm not motivated by rewards. I do quests and explore areas because I want to find out what's there and what happens within that storyline, I don't normally care what items I get at the end and if I need specific items (or a combination of them) to progress then that's just a gate to get past so I can continue playing, not a reward in it's own right. (Thankfully ESO doesn't require specific sets the vast majority of the time, most of the game is easy enough that it doesn't matter what you're using.)

It did get me thinking about why I'll spend more time in Guild Wars 2 chasing specific cosmetics than I ever would in ESO. The survey didn't ask even though I picked all cosmetic options as the type of rewards I am interested in, but that's what I came away from it thinking about. (That and the fact that if it ignored what I said I'm interested in and instead pushed me to explain why I don't like what ZOS clearly considers one of the main rewards it's another indication that I'm not really their target audience.)

I'm still not entirely sure but I think it comes down to thinking there's less distinct differences between motifs in ESO and almost all of them are tradable, so I'm less likely to want one specific one and if I want some style I don't already have I can buy at least one of them rather than having to go out of my way to get it. Also a lot of the cosmetics I make a special effort to get in GW2 are mini pets and I decided when I started ESO I wasn't doing that again because it's not really practical to collect all of them in one game, let alone 2.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

I'm on Xbox Series X.

ok, I'm PS5
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get one almost every time. Use to be on Xbox now PC NA. I generally find them in my promotion folder.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven't sent any reports and I got the survey.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got an email asking me to take a survey today. I haven't done it yet, but I will
    PC - NA
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get one almost every time. Use to be on Xbox now PC NA. I generally find them in my promotion folder.

Soooo, all the changes lately are based on your feedback? 🤨

j/k
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since beta and this was the first suvery I received.

Also got the question why I didn't care for item rewards. Was happily surprised I could pick that there are too many sets already to keep up with, besides there's not much you'd need these sets for.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, just checked my junk folder and I received one yesterday. I haven't made any reports lately, in fact I haven't even logged in for a couple weeks now.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I haven't sent any reports and I got the survey.

Nevermind, this is just the annual survey. I think I've gotten one every year.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it was pretty cool of them to ask our opinion.