The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mod to see ping

yuhe0925
yuhe0925
do we have mod allows you to see current ping ?
It will be awsome if we do
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    It is not currently possible to send or receive network messages from the addon api.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    This is a real shame, in WoW I would often use this to troubleshoot issues within my own network. Especially when PvPing and the PS4 decides to kick off a huge download causing a massive latency spike. With the combat system in this game this makes it even more relevant.

I would consider this to be basic functionality and certainly there is no good reason to hide this information from the end user.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    @korkibucek‌ It's certainly a useful thing to have, but it can also alarm people who don't fully understand how latency works. I feel like latency issues are infrequent enough for most people that the information is unnecessary. Combined with the ability to ping from almost every operating system in the world, it's a short command prompt away from identifying the problem.

@beerface‌ World of Warcraft is a staple of the MMO genre, it's not really something to mock.
    Edited by Pawkette on March 31, 2014 4:09PM
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    @Pawkette‌ I understand that this can cause issues for support, but well that really depends on how well implemented it is. I believe wow actually spilt home and server latency.

Besides I would be more interested in my actual latency from the application rather than over ICMP, this would provide a more realistic view of my ion latency.
This discussion has been closed.