The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can support buy stuff for you from the crown store if you are not here when it returns?

Monweel
Monweel
✭✭✭
I wont be able to log into the game for a few months next year and I want to know if it's possible and if it has it happened to anyone? Been waiting for a single item for 3 years and I feel like it won't return until I'm away. I asked support but they keep giving me automated answers that have nothing to do with my question (ticket#221031-002467).
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have heard anecdotal stories of people being able to do this, but it appears to be a very "case by case" type of arrangement.

However, your situation seems compelling so hopefully they will be able to help you out.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Support has stopped doing purchases through them a while ago, unfortunately.

But I've thought about this exact circumstance a few times - what if you want to but something that is available, but you aren't able to get in game to do so. I'd love it if there was a way to use your crowns to buy things through the website and then they'd show up in game when you next log in. That does work with the pre-order bonuses for Chapters, and you buy Crowns outside of game, so it'd be nice to be able to do that.

Of course, they could have more frequent availability for things, but that seems to be asking a bit too much...
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭

But I've thought about this exact circumstance a few times - what if you want to but something that is available, but you aren't able to get in game to do so. I'd love it if there was a way to use your crowns to buy things through the website and then they'd show up in game when you next log in. That does work with the pre-order bonuses for Chapters, and you buy Crowns outside of game, so it'd be nice to be able to do that.

Of course, they could have more frequent availability for things, but that seems to be asking a bit too much...

If there was no other option I'd ask for someone to log into in my account to buy it for me, but apparently that is also not allowed.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monweel wrote: »

If there was no other option I'd ask for someone to log into in my account to buy it for me, but apparently that is also not allowed.

It is against the TOS to let someone else play your account.

There are also complications with such a plan, given that they will have to enter a code to access your account which comes via your email and this can happen at any point. Given that you may not be available to give them the code from the email on demand, this could prove difficult.

What is probably the better route is they gift you the item. Even though you will not be able to accept the item during the window before it is sent back to them, they cannot do anything with the item but gift it again. That works well since they can gift it to you when you return.

Of course, you will have to find a way to get them the crowns or money to buy the crowns without going against the TOS as trading real-world money for in-game items runs afoul of TOS as well, but this is your best option.

Good luck.
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

There are also complications with such a plan, given that they will have to enter a code to access your account which comes via your email and this can happen at any point. Given that you may not be available to give them the code from the email on demand, this could prove difficult.

What is probably the better route is they gift you the item. Even though you will not be able to accept the item during the window before it is sent back to them, they cannot do anything with the item but gift it again. That works well since they can gift it to you when you return.

Of course, you will have to find a way to get them the crowns or money to buy the crowns without going against the TOS as trading real-world money for in-game items runs afoul of TOS as well, but this is your best option.

Good luck.

They can add/remove items/currency from your account if you ask for in support, don't need to go to e-mail or anything. Happened to a friend of mine before. She bought an item from a crate using endeavors but meant to buy it using gems. She asked support for a refund and they removed the item from her collections and got her endeavors back. So yeah... Seems to not be as complicated as you say.

Edit: sorry I meant support, only now noticed you were talking about the friend. But still, the item is also from a crate so it cannot be gifted, only way is to support do something similar to the situation I just mentioned.
    Edited by Monweel on November 9, 2022 6:30PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Good luck.

They can add/remove items/currency from your account if you ask for in support, don't need to go to e-mail or anything. Happened to a friend of mine before. She bought an item from a crate using endeavors but meant to buy it using gems. She asked support for a refund and they removed the item from her collections and got her endeavors back. So yeah... Seems to not be as complicated as you say.

Edit: sorry I meant support, only now noticed you were talking about the friend. But still, the item is also from a crate so it cannot be gifted, only way is to support do something similar to the situation I just mentioned.

@Monweel

Being that earlier posts said Support does not help with this anymore there is only one option, gifting. And since it is from a crate there is really no option since it is unknown how many crates they will have to open to get what they want.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When did this happen? Very disappointing news.

Still don’t know why things are on a time limit. These are virtual items and their availability would surely encourage more purchases.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOMO that's why. If people think they won't be able to get said item for years unless they get it now they are going to spend a ton of money on it.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Everything should be listed in the store. Even if its not available at the moment.

Check the box, email me when this becomes available.
    Get the email, buy it.
    Done.
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    Everything should be listed in the store. Even if its not available at the moment.

Get the email, buy it.
    Done.

I've never seen anything like this in the store, you sure it's a thing in ESO? Besides, I won't have any access to the internet during this time.

And just as an update, I finally got an answer: They said that I can ask for it when I return and if the item do in fact return while I'm away, they will help me then since they'll see I've asked for it on time. Don't know if that'll work for everyone in the same situation as I but now I know I don't have to worry about it.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭

Get the email, buy it.
    Done.

I've never seen anything like this in the store, you sure it's a thing in ESO?

No. I'm saying it should be that way.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 26, 2022 5:12AM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FOMO that's why. If people think they won't be able to get said item for years unless they get it now they are going to spend a ton of money on it.

There are times when one just doesn't have the money to spend at the time the item is out for its limited time, and no amount of FOMO will get a person to get blood from stones for ZOS. I do think this limited time stuff with a 2 year wait period is helping them get more money.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    what item you want to buy?

Curious on what someone would wait years to return
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    what item you want to buy?

Curious on what someone would wait years to return

Dread-aurelian wolf, it comes from the new moon crates. I've always wanted it bc it looks like my dog, been waiting since mid 2020 when I realised I had just missed it. And she passed away a few months ago wich just made me want it even more.