The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daily Rewards Account Bound? Shown On Character Selection Screen?

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
I log in with a character and find the reward would be better for another character. So I log out and then back in with that one. Only to then log out and back in with the first one I wanted to begin with. Thats too much time.

I feel showing the reward on the character selection screen would be helpful. I open that character and done. Then change to another if I want to.

Some rewards are character bound. An even better solution would be to make all the daily rewards account bound (not character bound). When you get a daily reward it might be bound to that character. Then its not moveable. If you are not paying attention you just bound it to the wrong character. In other words some things are character bound not account bound.
Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 6, 2022 8:00PM

Daily Rewards Account Bound? Shown On Character Selection Screen? 7 votes

I would like to see todays reward on the character selection screen.
0% 0 votes
I would like all todays rewards be account bound so I can move them where I want.
57% 4 votes
Both 1 and 2
28% 2 votes
Neither 1 or 2
14% 1 vote
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which daily rewards are not account bound?

The only time I can think of where it matters which character you pick up the reward on is when it's alliance points, and then only because it counts towards their alliance rank. You can still put the points into the bank and move them to any character.
    Edited by Danikat on November 6, 2022 6:38PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Which daily rewards are not account bound?

The only time I can think of where it matters which character you pick up the reward on is when it's alliance points, and then only because it counts towards their alliance rank. You can still put the points into the bank and move them to any character.

I'm sorry for not explaining my points well enough.

Which daily rewards are not account bound? Some are character bound and not account bound.

When you get a daily reward it might be bound to that character. Then its not moveable. If you are not paying attention you just bound it to the wrong character.

I feel everything should only be account bound. Freely moveable to any character you have in that account.

Actually I feel the same way for leveling rewards. Those too should be account bound. Not character bound. I've got a big list of items in my bag thats not movable to the bank or another account character. For example I level up and have five weapons to choose from. This character already has nice weapons so I pick a weapon for an alt. Oops it bound to this character. It should be account bound instead.

Look at Champion Points. When one of my Characters gets to 50 and starts earning CP all my other characters gets to use those points as well. Thats enormously generous. Why not be so generous here too?
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 6, 2022 7:58PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only ones I know of that are Character Bound are the ones you get as a leveling reward. Which are not really Dailies. Everything else that is not also a currency can be Banked. Even then, it is only Alliance Points that are assigned to the character that grabs them. The Currency itself can be banked.

As to seeing the rewards before logging to a character, there are a couple of websites that show them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The only ones I know of that are Character Bound are the ones you get as a leveling reward. Which are not really Dailies. Everything else that is not also a currency can be Banked. Even then, it is only Alliance Points that are assigned to the character that grabs them. The Currency itself can be banked.

As to seeing the rewards before logging to a character, there are a couple of websites that show them.

I have received items character bound and then went, crap, that was for a different character.

I dont want to look around the net for something that should be provided in game.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 6, 2022 8:05PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure I've never had a login reward that I couldn't put in the bank. I normally pick them up on my crafter and then keep them in the bank or a storage chest and I can't remember ever being unable to do that.

Level up rewards are character bound, but they're also an entirely different system. In that case I think it was done deliberately because they're for that character to use and I think ZOS don't want people power-levelling characters to farm the rewards.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I have received items character bound and then went, crap, that was for a different character.

I dont want to look around the net for something that should be provided in game.

What reward was it? Same as others, I never had any login rewards that I couldn't bank. Are you sure you're not mistaking it for levelling rewards? You get some dye stamps and instant research scroll that are character bound with those.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU