The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hybrid nb question

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Whi59g9e7e2qcn5.jpg
Which critical chance on my hybrid magnb will effect my gameplay. Also just to check as nb doesn't have passivs like temp or dk, is spell or weapon dmg better for hybrid?

* base stats, no rally, balorgs proc or pots used
Edited by Syiccal on November 4, 2022 5:50PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The higher of your crit chances will be used for calculations.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher one is chosen, but ideally for nightblade you should build weapon critical over spell critical because of Nightblade Hemorrhage passive that grants passive crit.

Hemorrhage
    Increases your Critical Damage by 10%. Dealing Critical Damage grants you and your group Minor Savagery, increasing your Weapon Critical rating by 1314 for 20 seconds

Since NB naturally gets minor savagery via crit damage, it's more ideal to build into weapon crit as it's further boosted by this passive.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Danu_96
    Danu_96
    Soul Shriven
    are you in PVE area? How is it possible to have these base stats?!
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danu_96 wrote: »

Those base stats are completely achievable in pvp.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    The higher one is chosen, but ideally for nightblade you should build weapon critical over spell critical because of Nightblade Hemorrhage passive that grants passive crit.

Hemorrhage
    Increases your Critical Damage by 10%. Dealing Critical Damage grants you and your group Minor Savagery, increasing your Weapon Critical rating by 1314 for 20 seconds

Since NB naturally gets minor savagery via crit damage, it's more ideal to build into weapon crit as it's further boosted by this passive.

Agreed with this.

Either crit stat works the same overall, but nb has their Hemorrhage passive that buffs weapon crit so stick with that for the priority focus for crit stacking.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    DrSlaughtr wrote: »

It’s possible because Hemorrhage is proc’d. In reality, Exploitation (sorc minor prophecy) and this are the only ways to “build into” a specific type of crit, and being that it just takes your higher stat, it makes no difference.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    DrSlaughtr wrote: »

It’s possible because Hemorrhage is proc’d. In reality, Exploitation (sorc minor prophecy) and this are the only ways to “build into” a specific type of crit, and being that it just takes your higher stat, it makes no difference.

All three of those stats are achievable with basic sets, lover, and hunter or light slotted.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hemorrhage

How do you even build into one type of crit over the other? Aren't the class passives the only thing left that is specific?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Hemorrhage

How do you even build into one type of crit over the other? Aren't the class passives the only thing left that is specific?

Buffs still exist. Major savagery pots vs Major prophecy potions can tip your max stat.

So if you wanted to use cyrodiil potions for example, its more ideal to use the stamina ones that provide Major savagery for weapon critical over the magic ones.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade