The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are bow sneak attacks bugged?

Byucknah
Byucknah
✭✭
I have played in the beta since September and in every play test it felt like bow sneak attacks happened when they felt like it, some times I would get the stun and bonus damage and other times I would not. Sneak attacks in the beta seemed to be very random on when they would or would not go off.

When the head start launched though I noticed I have not gotten a SINGLE bow sneak attack. It was not like beta where it some times happens and some times does not, I just do not get bow based sneak attacks at all now for some reason while sneaking. Is this a bug? No matter how many times and how many enemies enemies I try on I have gotten 0 sneak attacks. No stuns, no bonus damage, nothing.

In the beta I made several /bug and /feedback reports on it and nothing ever changed, but now that its live it seems like I can't get sneak attacks at all with a bow. I have not tried with a melee weapon since 5 day head start launch, so I don't know if melee sneak attacks are not applying properly either but I know that something is wrong with Bow sneak attacks for me and am curious if anyone else is having this issue.
  • DualBullseye25
    I notice a slightly higher amount of damage to the enemy, but nothing that a fully charged shot would do I suppose. I will pay more attention next time and see what I come up with.

Is there something that is suppose to alert if you got the sneak attack off?
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long are you holding your bow for? I found in beta that this has an effect on extra damage.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• DualBullseye25
    I typically hold mine down for about 5-10 seconds while I decide where I'm aiming and my next 2 skills to use or to just keep firing.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiming bows, what aiming hehehe

Okay, so I'd need to run numbers I guess, looks like it has changed from the beta we played.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS