Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Login info incorrect

SquirrelZero
Does anyone know if a fix has been found for this issue? I see a couple other threads with this same problem, but no responses about an actual resolution. I preordered the Digital Imperial Edition yesterday (3/29), but can't log in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, running as administrator, and even changing my password. I can log on to the website without a problem, but not the game for some reason. I submitted a ticket to customer service earlier today, but heard nothing back yet. If anyone has found a workaround for this, I would love to hear it!
  • Chicken.Little
    I have the same problem. There are several posts like this. I ordered the digital edition on the ESO site March 12 and even played the beta that weekend. For two days now, I keep getting "LOGIN ERROR . Your login information was incorrect. Please try again." Well guess what ESO? My login information IS correct and I have tried again, and again and again! I even changed my password on the site and tried and tried. Same problem.

I submitted a ticket yesterday (over 24 hours now) and have still not received any response. :disappointed:

I hoped that problems would be fixed so I could join the rush of early access. Please post if you had the same problems with login and got it fixed.

I'm getting discouraged at still being locked out. After being so excited and buying the game early to get early access, I'm wondering if it was worth it. Great pre-order marketing ESO. Really crappy delivery. I think I want my money back.
    Options
  • FizzerUK
    FizzerUK
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was fine last night, came back this morning to the login error.

I can log into https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ chamged the password there. still no joy.

I was playing last night. FFS
    Options
  • the_falcorrwb17_ESO
    Ditto here. Logged in last night and before work today. Came home tonight, can't login. "Your login information was incorrect."
    Options
  • magnar
    magnar
    Having the exact same issue. A friend of mine (network admin type) did some digging around, and he said it looks like something on their end is not responding. He used more technical terms and said a lot more, but that's all I got from the conversation. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to that stuff. I've been emailing CSS and first they told me that I was using the wrong game client from the launcher (there's only one game option FROM the launcher, so no). Next they told me that I had an invalid Beta key, and that I didn't purchase the game. I preordered the game in early February.
    Edited by magnar on April 1, 2014 10:39AM
    Options
  • SquirrelZero
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or if it is an actual fix, but I was finally able to log in. What I did was remove the email part of my username... for example, if your username is tamriel123@gmail.com, just put tamriel123 in the username box on the login screen. I did that, and finally logged in without a problem. Weird...
    Options
  • Chicken.Little
    After two rounds of emailing back and forth with support, I am fed up. I am hopping mad, really, at the idiocy I've run into. They haven't even started to look into why I still don't have access, and the early access period is already over.

So here is the idiocy. My original support request, submitted on this website, was a concise description of the problem and included my username and full name and email address (not only by the form fields required to make a support ticket, but in the body as well. Simple right? username, full name, email and a description of the problem. The first email from TESO support says:

"We will be happy to investigate further, but we will need some information from you before we can proceed.
    Please provide one of the following:
    Your First and Last name
    Your Date of Birth
    Your email address
    Your security question
    Once we've received the aforementioned, we can look into the cause of this matter. "

What?! Provide one of those four bits of information. Two of those things were already in the initial request -more than once! Further, you have to be logged into your account on the site to generate a ticket in the first place! I begin to question the quality of the customer support we'll receive during playing the actual game. Fine. I send my full name and email and point out that they were already given. So they ask for one item, I've given them two, three times. I'm reluctant to provide the security question because, well, it's supposed to be secure right?

The next day, the ESO support team email I get says:

"Thank you for providing that information. Please provide the following additional information:

Date of Birth:
    Secret Question Answer:

Once we have verified this information we will be able to look into your account further so as to better assist you."

Wait, what? Are they really simpletons? Is someone hoping that the customer will just give up and they can clear the ticket? Is this an April Fool's joke?

You've all probably played MMO's before and might know how much difference good game support makes. After this, I have no confidence that support from the ESO team will be that good.

So, in a way, my problem is fixed.

I have asked for a full refund. There's no more early access left even if they could sort themselves out enough to even start to address the problem of access. Along with my request for a refund I carefully wrote out my security question, answer and DOB and username and full name and email, in case they still need them to find their way out of their fog.

And I've vented my frustration here. They might probably moderate this post out of the thread, but maybe someone will address the quality of support so the rest of you might better enjoy your game.
    Options