The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Siege damage unblockable

NotTaylorSwift
NotTaylorSwift
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is posted somewhere already but after todays siege hotfix there is now the issue that their dmg completely ignores block mitigation… again.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally i think it should stay this way, siege already feels borderline ineffective with all the healing, and then if someone puts up a siege shield its like you can practically ignore it entirely anyway

also gives people a way to kill those ridiculous time wasting troll tanks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DOTs arent supposed to be blockable or dodgeable. Seems like a bugfix to me
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I can recall several times in real life when I've been hit with a ballista bolt and and just blocking with my arms or the nearest shield type object just caused me no damage at all. Wait, never mind that was the latest Superhero movie I saw.

Working as intended now is my opinion.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on November 2, 2022 6:54PM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    DOTs arent supposed to be blockable or dodgeable. Seems like a bugfix to me

did u misunderstand? I didn't mean block it so it does not apply. I said the block mitigation. You have always been able to block siege damage including the applied dot from oils, meatbags etc. ALL siege dmg is now ignoring block mitigation.
    Actually I can recall several times in real life when I've been hit with a ballista bolt and and just blocking with my arms or the nearest shield type object just caused me no damage at all. Wait, never mind that was the latest Superhero movie I saw.

It's not working as intended tho so your opinion is wrong sorry.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    Siege dmg is already really really strong...
    oils do 25k dmg + defbuff + stack
    meatbags stack and will ez do 20k DPS if stacked + debuff
    coldstone Trebs do ez 17-20k dmg per hit + DoT

if you think about the tooltips, siege weapons will have 50k+ tooltipp (before PvP mitigation is applied)

You should deffnetly be able to aply block mitigation to siege dmg....as it was the last years.

and also every magic spell should be unblockable ?...i mean common this is not RL