Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do we still get charged for ESO+ while the game is this broken?

SaintJohnHM
SaintJohnHM
✭✭✭✭
Will ZoS still charge ESO+ users while this new patch is so broken with block bugs etc?
Edited by Psiion on November 3, 2022 12:07AM
  • Casual Roleplaying PVE player PC/NA
  • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
  • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Tick Tock Tormentor, and I'm looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is a very good question. Sammy would like to know as well….

Never installed or used add ons but still lost progression and event tickets.

Also, it meant this one hasn’t been able to fully inspect House Mornard’s neon yellow pants worn in Galen. They really are something. Probably caused the game to crash :D
    Edited by SammyKhajit on November 2, 2022 1:45PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they will. When was the last time they gave anyone free ESO+ time because of problems with the game? Or at all, outside of the free trial weeks.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll answer you with a question.

Do people still come on the forums and ask silly questions they know the answer too?

The game isn't broken. A third party addon that crashes the game isn't really the responsibility of ZoS feel lucky the opened the api at all cause at launch it wasn't.

Features and changes made you don't agree with doesn't mean the game is broken either.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    si
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add-ons aren't the game. They are third party things and ZOS doesn't officially endorse any particular add-on. They allow the functionality but it's use at own risk. So, very much doubt it. They'd probably do something like an explorer event rather than ESO+.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 2, 2022 1:50PM
  • Ghaleb
    Ghaleb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    […]

The game isn't broken. A third party addon that crashes the game isn't really the responsibility of ZoS feel lucky the opened the api at all cause at launch it wasn't.

[…]

I think you should reconsider this statement as there are sufficient reports of clients crashing on PC without any addons or the addons / libs in question.

So, the question in theory remains valid despite your condescending tone. Even though I agree with your verdict that ZOS won’t do anything beyond roughly making the game playable again within the next two weeks.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never mentioned addons, I know reading is difficult, but c'mon. Block bugs, DK bugs, purge bugs, etc etc etc etc.

• I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Tick Tock Tormentor, and I'm looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never mentioned addons, I know reading is difficult, but c'mon. Block bugs, DK bugs, purge bugs, etc etc etc etc.

OP, people don’t read. They just leap in with their assumptions.
  • OrkWizard
    OrkWizard
    ✭✭✭
    Xd
    Edited by OrkWizard on November 2, 2022 3:40PM
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES... and YES with or without addons causing the problem
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    Will ZoS still charge ESO+ users while this new patch is so broken with block bugs etc?

I don't know, what about the hours that you don't play while sleeping or working? Do you want a refund for that? What about if you broke your arms and couldn't play, would you require compensation for that? I haven't had any problems since I disabled the ONE addon that was causing the crashes.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The add-ons aren't the game. They are third party things and ZOS doesn't officially endorse any particular add-on. They allow the functionality but it's use at own risk. So, very much doubt it. They'd probably do something like an explorer event rather than ESO+.

Definitely true.

Also even if the game crashes without addons or just in general zos is covered so long as the make a good faith effort to fix things.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why people are so desperate to reveal their inability to read. I didn't mention addons as the problem, but rather fundamental broken features of the game, such as being able to reliably block. This new patch has made the game useless and not fun for a lot of players.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know, what about the hours that you don't play while sleeping or working? Do you want a refund for that? What about if you broke your arms and couldn't play, would you require compensation for that? I haven't had any problems since I disabled the ONE addon that was causing the crashes.

ZoS is responsible for the bugs they create in the product they sell, not for how I spend my time outside of the game or if I break my arms. I wish people could think a bit better.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They won't even extend the event to make up for time and tickets players missed through no fault of their own, so I think you already know the answer to your question.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I'm pretty sure that ToS covers all the issues that might happen at a patch's maintenance/implementation.
    ToS 6. Availability of services and content; Game maintenance, patches, updates; termination of services
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 2, 2022 6:09PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Yes.

This ^^^

We can still play the game, and Zenimax does not support add-ons even though we have them due to their design of the game and their blessing.

Edited by Amottica on November 2, 2022 6:36PM
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Yes.

This ^^^

We can still play the game, and Zenimax does not support add-ons even though we have them due to their design of the game and their blessing.

I never mentioned addons, why would you think addons when I never said anything about addons? Reading will help save you from irrelevant replies. ZoS is responsible for the fundamental bugs it creates in their products, like not being able to reliably block in U36.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This ^^^

I never mentioned addons, why would you think addons when I never said anything about addons? Reading will help save you from irrelevant replies. ZoS is responsible for the fundamental bugs it creates in their products, like not being able to reliably block in U36.

And reading the TOS will save you from posting silly threads like this.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This ^^^

I read the OP perfectly well, as the comment in the OP cast a very large net with the etc. What I mentioned fits into that very well. TYVM

so yes, subscribers= can expect to continue to pay for ESO+ during this time. There is a clause in the agreement that covers this.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The last two updates have made me very glad I cancelled my sub a few months ago. These debacles are far less irritating when your not paying a fee when you can't even get into the game and if you do get in it's not stable.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course. Your money is repairing the game I like to play, occasionally. ;)
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After review of this thread, we see it has run it's course and is no longer constructive so we have closed it down. While we welcome everyone to share their thoughts and opinions on the Forums, we ask that members keep posts within the Community Rules. Baiting and Bashing are both against the Community Rules and non-constructive.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.