The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What the heck happened with Brawler effect??

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
The Two Handed's effect Brawler suddenly became weird and somehow weak! The movement is not happening the proper way and there is not the felling of hitting any enemies anymore.

Did ZoS nerfed it? Change the visual effect? Remove the battery? What the heck?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 6, 2022 6:13PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought it was just me. Same question!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure it was nerfed but I agree. I use carve as an aoe spammable and every time I try to do so I just feel sad. It hits like throwing dust bunnies.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems very bugged at my end. At least the sound effect isn't working properly, that's why it feels that doesn't work. I think that it's working but the animation and sound effects are bugged. They really need to remove this last update. A lot has gone wrong with it, this is just one of many problems.
  • Ruslanchik
    Ruslanchik
    ✭✭
    Hi all. I also noticed that the problem with this skill is the dissection - its carve transformation. Previously, before the work on the server, it was clear, understandable and even visible animation of this skill. Now this skill is being used blindly, without the effect of hitting. Repair, bring back the animation and effects of this skill.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been testing it for a while and the sound is clearly the same whether there are targets or not. If you activate the skill animation in the air and then on a target, you will hear the same sound. Seems like they removed the impact sound effect, probably by mistake, with this latest update.

The main problem is that this might very well be something they won't pay much attention to, so I believe it could take a long time, maybe months, until it's solved. It's probably best to forget about using two-handed characters with this skill in the meantime, if it bothers you as much as it does me.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure it was nerfed but I agree. I use carve as an aoe spammable and every time I try to do so I just feel sad. It hits like throwing dust bunnies.

If ZOS decided to nerf it it's very bad news, at least for me. My StamDKs depend on it for defense! My god... every new ESO update is another damn frustration.

ZOS must stop doing this. It's bonkers.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not just brawler, but carve too. Feels like the hit happens after the swing finishes. And it was like that on pts too but didn’t get fixed. 🤦‍♂️
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Maybe they should put dust bunnies fx when you use cleave, lol.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though it feels like I'm not doing any damage, it looks like I am(?), and I'm still getting a damage shield. But the feeling that I'm not even connecting with my enemies is rather disorienting.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    The Two Handed's effect Brawler suddenly became weird and somehow weak! The movement is not happening the proper way and there is not the felling of hitting any enemies anymore.

Did ZoS nerfed it? Change the visual effect? Remove the battery? What the heck?

AOE attacks do not hit enemy in prime time in PVP for me.

The same problem or they just change its work and animation?

Some players had bug that do not let them use skills in PVP for a 5-6-60 seconds.

"Casual base game". It is normal here.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 2, 2022 2:57PM
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Even though it feels like I'm not doing any damage, it looks like I am(?), and I'm still getting a damage shield. But the feeling that I'm not even connecting with my enemies is rather disorienting.

Exactly! The effect seems weakened somehow, it's super weird. If ZOS did something with this skill I couldn't find any mention is the last update's list of changes.

If someone knows something, I'll appreciate to any input.
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »

Exactly! The effect seems weakened somehow, it's super weird. If ZOS did something with this skill I couldn't find any mention is the last update's list of changes.

If someone knows something, I'll appreciate to any input.

On HA builds one HA hit just disappeared with no trace in patch notes in U35.

It is 25% DPS lose for our sets.

May be the same problem here. Can you tell more accurate about problem, how much do it hit compare to other skills, how problem looks like. I can not test this skill now (I even can not normally enter the game - it crush me ) but it was one of skills I liked.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 2, 2022 3:52PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    great, when they messed up Flurry of Blows, I switched my main to a great sword and started using Brawler/Carve as my go to spamable... so they stealth nerf that too?

Why do they hate my main so much... he has done all the right thing, well except for the mass murdering thief thing...

my poor Nightblade Stampire... at lease he has Companions that like him and can kill things when he gets in trouble
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On HA builds one HA hit just disappeared with no trace in patch notes in U35.

It is 25% DPS lose for our sets.

May be the same problem here. Can you tell more accurate about problem, how much do it hit compare to other skills, how problem looks like. I can not test this skill now (I even can not normally enter the game - it crush me ) but it was one of skills I liked.

Sorry, I don't have the numbers, but I'll try to check it asap.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the weird animation, but my 2H characters still kill stuff fast, so who cares?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check it yesterday. Do not see a big change on dummy, but in PVP such skills often are buged and just do not hit the target near you.

But I only check about 2-3 minutes, than my game crush and I go to sleap ))
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any news about this? Is it bugged or they destroyed it intentionally? It would be nice to know. If there's no plan fix it I prefer to stop using two handed skills.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's literally just a missing sound effect. Where are people getting this about losing DPS, or a new animation? The animation is the exact same as before, and the skill was unchanged.

It's just an audio bug.

"According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    :( audio missing
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    It's literally just a missing sound effect. Where are people getting this about losing DPS, or a new animation? The animation is the exact same as before, and the skill was unchanged.

It's just an audio bug.

If you're talking about Carve-- which is the skill and morph that I use-- I'm not sure whether the animation is exactly the same or not. The audio is definitely changed or bugged, but it seems like there's less screen shaking as well-- although I admit that I might be wrong about that, since I don't have any way to go back to how it was before U36, nor do I have any video clips I can pull up to examine.

It kind of amazes me how much feedback you can get during a fight from screen shaking and audio effects. TES games seem to excel in this respect. Even going all the way back to Arena, you can be questing through a dungeon and then suddenly "feel" yourself being attacked from behind by one or more unseen enemies. And Daggerfall has outstanding audio effects as far as how the monster sounds have a distinctly spatial feel to them-- not just left or right stereo, but in front or behind. ESO usually provides outstanding sensory feedback during a fight-- at least in my opinion-- so this particular change or bug is taking some getting used to for me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

It's just an audio bug.

It's not "just" an audio bug. It's an audio bug that bugs me a lot.
    Edited by NeKryXe on November 6, 2022 7:54PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Ruslanchik
    Ruslanchik
    ✭✭
    Dear ZOS I ask you to take into account the correction of this skill. This skill, which was not in any morph, does not work correctly with everything. Yes, there is damage, yes, there are effects both on the character and on the enemy, but ... There is no skill animation, the animation that was before technical work, that is, before November 2. There is no hit sound from this skill, no visual skill animation. This is the problem.
  • Ruslanchik
    Ruslanchik
    ✭✭
    Thank you! You still haven't fixed this skill. November 14
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carve is missing 'hit' sound - it sounds like you're swinging at open air. Have to look at the debuff icons to see if it lands or not.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I noticed the weird animation, but my 2H characters still kill stuff fast, so who cares?

Yea, who cares? If the effect is botched but is still killing stuff, who cares about fix it? Who cares about the game, the fun experience, the professionalism? The point is kill fast!

Jeez...
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any news about this problem? Will the audio be fixed or restored? Any estimated date?

I recently removed all 2H from my characters to avoid this, but I'm willing to use 2H again. I always play with sound on and I was enjoying it before this change.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance this gets fixed on today's maintenance. I think that they just need to restore the sound file that was deleted on last update.
  • Ruslanchik
    Ruslanchik
    ✭✭
    Just forget it already. Get used to the broken skill or change your weapon. They probably won't fix it. Knowing that there are problems that cannot be fixed for 8 years, this one is unlikely to be replaced. Right now, the first thing they have is CHAPTERS and QUESTS!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruslanchik wrote: »
    Just forget it already. Get used to the broken skill or change your weapon. They probably won't fix it. Knowing that there are problems that cannot be fixed for 8 years, this one is unlikely to be replaced. Right now, the first thing they have is CHAPTERS and QUESTS!

But this wasn't a problem. Clearly someone on development team deleted the sound file by mistake. They just need to check their backups and add it again in the game. Even a child would fix this. Basically they just need to know that they made a mistake and recover the old sound file.