The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone who is having issues with crashing. found a fix that worked for me.

brandonbehr83b14_ESO
So I had the crash to desktop issue before I get to character select screen or right after I get to character select tried all the little things I saw on the forums admin, mode, repair, etc nothing worked till I rught clicked the elder scrolls online icon on my desktop and ran the compatibility troubleshooter im using windows 7 and it suggested I use xp service pack 2 after I did that game loads and plays perfectly just wanted to pass this along to anyone who is having the same issue hopefully this might help some of you. post if it helps or not so devs can see how many ppl this helps.
  • Korin12
    Korin12
    Soul Shriven
    What does this do exactly? I have windows 8.1 and wonder if this will work for me
  • Korin12
    Korin12
    Soul Shriven
    Tried it, it did not work.
  • Switch2187
    Was having the same issue but it works perfectly for me now. Thank you!

Running Windows 7 and troubleshooting suggested running the game with Windows XP (Service pack 2).