The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Achievement for all nodes

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva
✭✭✭
I there an achievement for harvesting all nodes in a Zone?

If not, there should be!
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's unreachable and bugged nodes, this would need to be addressed first.

Apart from that, I think this is a cool idea! :)
    Edited by Lephrel on October 31, 2022 8:35PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you harvest all nodes in a zone if they constantly respawn?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Not completely harvest in one session - just having done all nodes over time.

@Lephrel - agreed.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a frustrating one for players that want to get all achievements. Some complain as is about the trophy hunter achievements and you know where to go to finish those. With this if you had one node left to finish you would have zero idea what part of the map to go to for finishing the achievement. You could run around for all eternity harvesting nodes and never be close to the one you need.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClevaTreva wrote: »

@Lephrel - agreed.

Do you mean like harvesting one of each type of node? Like find a dragonthorn or a nightshade or corn flower in every zone? That'd be a cool achievement tbh.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    This would be a frustrating one for players that want to get all achievements. Some complain as is about the trophy hunter achievements and you know where to go to finish those. With this if you had one node left to finish you would have zero idea what part of the map to go to for finishing the achievement. You could run around for all eternity harvesting nodes and never be close to the one you need.
    All the sweeter the achievement then yes? It's not like it would give you 5000% Crit Chance or anything.
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭

@Lephrel - agreed.

Do you mean like harvesting one of each type of node? Like find a dragonthorn or a nightshade or corn flower in every zone? That'd be a cool achievement tbh.

No, I mean harvesting (just once) from every node in a Zone. Like Skyshards but for nodes.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    All the sweeter the achievement then yes? It's not like it would give you 5000% Crit Chance or anything.

This is a nightmare for someone who would like to get this achievement. Imagine you've been playing this game for years, you would never know which node you have not gone too and will probably never so, since people are going to pick on those nodes. And all for what? A dye? A title? No thanks. If they add crowns or crown crates, with a costume and a mount, then yes, I'll put in the effort. Maybe. Also imagine this on console WITHOUT mods.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    So don't do it then? It wouldn't be mandatory.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So don't do it then? It wouldn't be mandatory.

Yeah, but don't come back here crying in the forums when you can't achieve this because it's just impossible to do, especially when people are farming mats all the time. lol. What'll be your great idea then? Nerf nodes? Ohhhh I know, please give us markers to tell us which nodes we've already done. Haha. Sometimes I feel like people are just giving their opinions without thinking.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think they would do this because it has to store a lot of information to work.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be worse than monster trophies. PC would have and addon that would show what nodes you harvested and what you haven't -that's for sure. What should consoles do? Print A2 map of Tamriel and manually note all the nodes? And then sweep the zones daily because you have no way to know if there's no node at all or someone just had already harvested it?

For PC it also would be a players-sourced info. I don't think one can just get coordinates of all the nodes in the zone from API? Correct me If I'm wrong. So if there's some really out of the way or straight up bugged node - adios, achievement!

I can't think of a more unfun and tedious activity. Though it would go well in line with ZOS's tendency to mistake tedium for difficulty.
    Personal opinion, of course.
    Edited by FluffyBird on November 7, 2022 2:34PM
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I there an achievement for harvesting all nodes in a Zone?

If not, there should be!

Do you know how many nodes there are? Literally thousands per zone, this would be an absolute nightmare.
    Edited by Kisakee on November 7, 2022 3:15PM
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not an achievement for being being maxed out to 50 in all crafts this must come before the nodes a million achievement!