The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major breach sorcerer crystal weapon

Marcus_Justicia
For start im sorry for m'y english :D
Recently, crystal weapon morph is nerfed.
Can grant him a major breach instead 1000 pénétration ?
All class have major breach except sorcerer and templar.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ask them about major breach for templar few years already and voila still not have it. But try maybe they will add it.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, all classes can get major breach from razor caltrops, so I think that changing crystal weapon from a unique debuff to something that everybody can get would be a nerf to the skill.
    This skill needs love, but I don't think that changing it this way would be a good idea.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use Crushing Weapon, gameplay near identical, you only missing triggering Dark Magic passive healing and crit chance. Unique 1k armor shred is fine, it's the skill mechanics that need to change.
  • Marcus_Justicia
    For PvP in melee, crushing weapon is not valable... And caltrops is not sticky at target
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I know Marcus from Xbox EU. He is basically saying caltrops is not reliable, as it is a ground AOE. It might be good in a duel but in open world it's not great. Sorcerer mag or stam have no access to major breach that's reliable.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc definitely needs major breach but honestly magsorc needs it more than stamsorc. Which is yet another reason why caltrops isn't good enough, and why attaching it to crystal weapon isn't the best idea.

I'd say putting it on curse would be a good idea... But perhaps the skill would be too powerful then.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the sorc does not have class access to major breach but the debuff is not hard to get. Sounds like you want a sticky version (instead of on the ground) version. On the ground does sort of rule out caltrops but that is the same drawback that warden class has with its class access to the debuff.

A couple considerations for you perhaps that do stick to the target:
    1. Night Mother's Gaze can readily be crafted in any weight and is reliable if you have decent crit; the set even has convenient bonuses for crit.
    2. Elemental Drain is a good source as long as a destro staff is part of your build.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that crystal weapon is a unique debuff. Although the skill itself has become too weak to use, and stam sorcs choose crystal fragments now. Crystal weapon could use some improvement, but IMO changing that 1k penetration to Major Breach would make it worse, especially in group content.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal weapon is just too slow, horribly slow.