The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds: the Lowest Score High Kills Guy

• aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ominer wrote: »
    Sounds like an actual pvper, I never play objective game modes when I queue for BGs. I want to actually fight players, on PC EU right now BGs are basically the only form of working PvP.

You can't fight players in grey host because it lags even when its pretty empty.
    You can't fight players in blackreach because it's empty / just has 1 group PvDooring.
    You can't fight player in IC because it's empty.

So, if you want to kill players you have to do BGs.

Also, it's been commented on a lot on the forums but the objectives modes in BGs aren't that engaging for pvpers. They reward players who actively avoid pvp / build not die but do nothing else.

Capture the relic = Capture the fun, entire premise is to capture relics while the other 2 teams are actually fighting
    Chaosball = 1 tank running around the map / exploiting random areas to avoid taking damage
    Crazy King = Players just avoiding fights to run to empty flags
    Domination = arguably the best game mode for pvp (outside of deathmatch) because players tend to actually fight over flags.
    Edit: *Scratch that domination also terrible because multiple flags means people just run away to where there isn't actual pvp*

Also, as mentioned above with chaosball, if you pick up the ball on certain classes you can't use half your skills so it's a guaranteed insta death basically.

I don't consider teams going 0-20 with 200k combined damage good gameplay but if they win they win, and thats how they think.

Thanks for articulating pretty much every reason I don't enjoy BG's. I'd still rather deal with Cyro lag and have proper fights over meaningful objectives (like resources fights in campaigns for score ticks, etc.) and even deal with tower runners and rock humpers than fight pre-mades who gear for one type of play only, to achieve a fairly meaningless (to me) objective.

As others have said, I'd rather small group fight with some random elements. The BG map (some of them) are quite good fun for a while in death matches. However, the player matching system is really broken. Doesn't help newer folk.

I love PvP because it is flexible in open world, the counters vary from fight to fight, as does the strategy/tactics...(I clearly don't run horse gank, purge bot, or blocky mc block tank niche builds, for example). I do think if we could queue 'death match' or 'other' I might consider doing them more frequently.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally go roughly go 20/30 to 0 in all my BGs. Because it feels good to absolutely obliterate everyone knowing they cannot do anything about it. Even in higher MMR. Which gives an even better feeling knowing dominance has been asserted. Especially when the end comes and everyone who has tried there best looks and see your name at 30-0.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty impressive, unless you’re on a DK spamming whirling blades and corrosive ☺️

Seriously though, are you on Xbox NA? If you are, what’s your main? I should recognize you. There is one guy who is an absolute terror. He typically goes 20-0-20. He mains a DK but I’ve also seen him do very well on a MagPlar, so I have a lot of respect for that.

I sometimes come out at the top of the pack, but with nothing like the consistency or extreme scores you have.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Xbox EU. I do have an NA account however thats 300cp. I do know the top players on that server. I'm not sure if you are allowed to name specific people on the forums who play eso.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I dont know if you can name other players, even in a positive light. I’m kind of new to the forums and haven’t read the rules yet.

What class/spec is your main on Xbox EU? I main a Magden (NA).
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main Mag Sorc. When I do actually play, I post in the xbox clubs regularly. ESO EU and Exposed. I'm a club administrator in Exposed if you haven't joined. Also have my own YouTube channel. I do play other classes such and night blades and recently mag dk. However It's rare I'm on them. My Xbox GT is xx Adam LAD xx
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, ty! I’ll check out your Youtube channel. Good job being so competitive on a MagSorc. That’s not easy these days.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the original question, I just laugh at them, think what an idiot and say thanks for the easy win.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been plenty of threads like this, I'll give you that. And you don't have a DM que back yet, so obviously "it" hasn't worked yet.

But I promise you one thing, from myself anyway: I'm not going to be working against you if you start a topic demanding a DM que. I'm always going to be fighting back against altering obj modes in ways that make them more DMey though.

For reasons already discussed at length... There are strategies to obj, its fun for some people, plenty of obj players have talent, and it isn't our fault that certain players intentionally ignore the obj and then wonder where the fighting is.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Real PvP means finding the confused cp140 guy and killing him 20 times while avoiding players on your level.

Real Pvp for me is when I keep getting that same guy on my damn team, while the opponents have the sweatiest of the sweats. :D
  • Ziaohuamei
    We are still searching for why in 2022, we don't have the player choice for our BG options.

Is it because it would expose that DM trumps Obj play by a metric mile? Or perhaps the reverse?