The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time for good words....

blue_peaceful_Manticore
Most of the times i only say bad about ZoS, Bugs, etc... But this time, i have to say the otherwise. And why? Only because Oakensoul ring

I hate rotation. This is so annoying.... In dummy i can make aroud 80k +/- for some reason i can't pass that! (no miss LA or Skills)... i don't care, i hate it.
And in trials, my damage goes to 20k... 30k.... its a mess. Focus rotation, focus mech, focus avoid damage, focus res, focus in ALL but not the game!!! If i have to make rotation... i can't focus the game. Rotation is Annoying! And i spend so many attention in rotation cuz at the end, i have do damage, no rotation, no nothing....
And noone like dd's with less damage then healer -.-

But then... i buy High Isle! And i only buy it in event. Why? Cuz i dont wanna buy a card game -.- Card Game?! are you serius?! lol any way.... i buy High Isle and then... i go hunt Oakensoul ring

well... Game turn around not 100%. But 10000%!!! Its just... so nice play the game with only one bar!

My damage with one bar?
80k. But if i make perfect start 100K easy

My damage in Trials, dungeon etc...
50~60k +/- easy to keep that

With Oakensoul, i can focus in game! Avoid aoe, res other players, do nice damage and etc.... Cuz i don't spend my attention in annoying rotations!

Oakensoul Don't make me immortal, or top damage player. With Oakensoul i die too, i have low damage too.... but now (but more then healers xD ), i 100% feel i'm part of the group to finish the Trial\dungeon etc...

So, this time.... i have to say THANK YOU for the team who have tought about this. THANK YOU

This is only for you, who hate rotation like me.
Go hunt Oakensoul

But ofc, ZoS will change this soon... and that is the sad part.... Trying find some balance enjoying the game when i know soon or later ZoS will end this for reason we all know.
But when this happen.... i return with bad words xD

One more last time.
Thank you for Oakensoul
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While we're at it I just want to express my appreciation for making all four dlc dungeons soloable, including the hidden bosses. And yeah, Oakensoul is great.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 30, 2022 10:00AM
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Oakensoul is a pretty solid option if you have problems focusing on the game. But as for me, I got used to my rotation long time ago, and thus it doesn't disturb or annoy me in any way. Of course it would be much better if I didn't have to swap bars (because it's kind of clunky), but with the second bar my performance seems to be better on paper (haven't tried Oakensoul out yet, because of nerfs), especially when soloing.

I don't think there are going to be some serious nerfs, the item is already kind of meh imo.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »
    Yeah, Oakensoul is a pretty solid option if you have problems focusing on the game. But as for me, I got used to my rotation long time ago, and thus it doesn't disturb or annoy me in any way. Of course it would be much better if I didn't have to swap bars (because it's kind of clunky), but with the second bar my performance seems to be better on paper (haven't tried Oakensoul out yet, because of nerfs), especially when soloing.

I don't think there are going to be some serious nerfs, the item is already kind of meh imo.

With single target dots being so low damage I don't find it worth the hassle. And I don't have to worry about my defensive buffs falling off just when I'm incapacitated.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul is saving me every day in every way. 999+ ping means bar swapping was never optimal for me, and actually weaving is pretty darn hard for that reason too. Oakensoul smooths out the "background" issues (nope, of course it doesn't help the ping!) so I don't have to try to do buffs etc while also doing my damndest to stay alive.

First time I've ever been able to take on more than 5 mobs and live over it. So yes - thanks ZOS.

I also like Druid's Braid really well for lower level characters. It's not the buff pop Oakensoul is, but the extra to each attribute does make staying alive easier.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....