The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reaching max speed with ring of wild hunt

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't understand what buffs are active if any with ring of wild hunt.
I would assume it is minor and major expidition which gives the 45% but I can't actually tell if it is a uniqe buff or not.

Can someone explain or link to a source for the speed buffs, cap and how to reach it. Search on the forum doesn't work for me either so i can't search for a thread either.

afaik the cap is 200%, you walk at 100%, sprinting is 40% and with wild hunt being 45% and the swift enchant on it being 7% would make sprinting 192% leaving a need for an 8% to reach cap.
If this is correct how can we get that 8%?
Does CP now give increase in speed?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2022 5:23PM
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s unique, when the item description doesn’t say it’s a minor/major buff it’s a unique buff.

Also, there are slotable cps in the green and red cp trees that increase your speed.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am fairly certain the ring is a unique buff, I use it on my warden alongside Bird of Pray. There is a CP point as well, Celerity, in the Warfare Wind Chaser tree which can give an aextra 10% movement speed increase if fully maxed out
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each piece of Medium Armor you wear also increases the sprint speed by three percent.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is unique.
    Base movespeed is 100.
    Max is 200.
    Wild hunt out of combat: 45
    Major expedition is 30
    Minor expedition is 15
    (Casting rapids from alliance war line, which gives 8 seconds of major + minor expedition. 2k stamina recovery is enough to sustain this.)
    Celerity cp is 10
    Total would be 100. So 200 total.

(There is a crafted set that gives major expedition at all times. Adept rider I believe.
    There is a set called jailbreaker from banished cells that gives minor expedition at all times, if you don't want to cast rapids.)

If you are in combat you lose 30 of the 45 from the wild hunt, so only 15.

To reach move speed cap then, in combat, with no sprinting, 3 swift would be 21, and steed mundas is 10. So that's 31 to make up the 30 lost. 101, so total 201 (only 200 counts).

Sprinting gives you 40 percent, boosted by medium armor pieces. But if you want to reach movespeed cap in and out of combat, without sprint, the above I have listed explains how.
    Edited by gariondavey on October 29, 2022 2:28PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unique.
    Base movespeed is 100.
    Max is 200.
    Major expedition is 30
    Minor expedition is 15
    (Casting rapids from alliance war line, which gives 8 seconds of major + minor expedition. 2k stamina recovery is enough to sustain this.)
    Celerity cp is 10

(There is a crafted set that gives major expedition at all times. Adept rider I believe.
    There is a set called jailbreaker from banished cells that gives minor expedition at all times, if you don't want to cast rapids.)

To reach move speed cap then, in combat, with no sprinting, 3 swift would be 21, and steed mundas is 10. So that's 31 to make up the 30 lost. 101, so total 201 (only 200 counts).

Sprinting gives you 40 percent, boosted by medium armor pieces. But if you want to reach movespeed cap in and out of combat, without sprint, the above I have listed explains how.

i did that 200% base speed with snow treaders back in the day!

it was a lot of fun to just being unstoppable outside of hard CC, run some immovable pots and just be free to run around for a set amount of time.

sadly, you have to give up so much to do this that you don't do much else, but it is fun.

also Marauder’s Haste:
    (2 items) 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) When you cast a damage shield ability, increase your Movement Speed by 20% for 9 seconds.

is a unique stacking buff as well.
    Edited by Wing on October 29, 2022 3:42PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is unique.
    Base movespeed is 100.
    Max is 200.
    Major expedition is 30
    Minor expedition is 15
    Celerity cp is 10

The strength of the steed mundus depends on the quality and trait of your gear. It gives 10% in white non-divines gear but would be fairly cheap to stretch to 15% with 7 purple divines.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a green cp which gives out of combat move speed (capped at 20%), the red cp gives general move speed (10% cap)

major and minor expedition which are fairly easy to source (especially on a NB since concealed weapon is a passive minor expedition)

if your purely talking out of combat move speed

ring = 45%
    green cp = 20%
    red cp = 10%
    major exped = 30%
    minor exped = 15%

total = 120 (so you could actually fully drop the green cp to still reach cap, or drop major expedition for a couple swift traits on jewelry)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While everyone has given good advice for out-of-combat and sprinting speed, I want to suggest a non-sprinting build where hitting a rock or aggroing a random wolf doesn't slow you down and that requires as little casting as possible.

Adept Rider: 30%
    Ring of the Wild Hunt: 15%
    3 Swift jewelry (1 gold, 2 purple): 19%
    Divines Steed Stone (depending on purple vs gold and whether you have a Divines shield):15-17%
    Celerity CP: 10%

So that's 189-191% of base speed. Here's some ways to get the rest, in order of efficiency:

1. Concealed Blade (nightblade skill) gives Minor Expedition passively: 15%
    2. Bosmer racial passive: 10%
    3. Jailer's Tenacity, Minor Expedition: 15%
    4. Hurricane (sorcerer) gives Minor Expedition, but requires you to cast it and might aggro enemies: 15%
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I can't understand what buffs are active if any with ring of wild hunt.
    I would assume it is minor and major expidition which gives the 45% but I can't actually tell if it is a uniqe buff or not.

Can someone explain or link to a source for the speed buffs, cap and how to reach it. Search on the forum doesn't work for me either so i can't search for a thread either.

afaik the cap is 200%, you walk at 100%, sprinting is 40% and with wild hunt being 45% and the swift enchant on it being 7% would make sprinting 192% leaving a need for an 8% to reach cap.
    If this is correct how can we get that 8%?
    Does CP now give increase in speed?

Adapt rider set (craftable) with Jailbreaker set (dungeon) plus wild hunt ring seems almost too fast, that may the max.