The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets that spawn "pets" to fight for you

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
Not really played for a few years so I am out of touch of sets.

When morrowind came out and had the defiler set i had an idea for a build that has crap loads of pets fighting for you that was built around that set, I was going through some sets but lost interest for other content.

Now with the new hybrid stuff I am lost for sets as well as what will work together, like if that defiler set with poison damage could now work on a sorcerer with their conjured pets.

So looking for set advice as to any and all sets that spawn something that fights for you. Like maw of inferno for an example.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2022 5:36PM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having one of my characters set up as a Zookeeper build and playing with my duo partner both as Zookeeper is on my bucket list :)
    I have a sorc reserved for that
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ones I actually use are Maw of the Infernal and Mad Tinkerer.

Defiler is another one that looks good in theory.

Unless I'm mixed up, it is said that Morkuldin and Aegis Caller work mechanically like pets do, but I've never worn them.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 29, 2022 9:37AM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you like the Hunger from the Defiler set then there is also the Scavenging Demise set which summons a more powerful Hunger, but requires poison crits and drops in a dlc dungeon, Depths of Malatar.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Having one of my characters set up as a Zookeeper build and playing with my duo partner both as Zookeeper is on my bucket list :)
    I have a sorc reserved for that

Its the same for me, but mine was a warden build around that defiler set, been on my bucket list since morrowind, i even have the gold defiler jewellery I bought from the golden. Just in that time I got distracted in game, had IRL stuff, stopped playing the game twice for years.
    Now I just got back in I want to get this build done and see what it can do, but what sets to use is the question.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Scavenging Demise set.

I just checked this set
    It is not exactly what i am looking for, while it does spawn something it is more of a simple proc that has that effect that is an enemy rather than it actually spawning an enemy that fights for you.
    I know defiler is a similar thing but the defiler moves to the enemy and then spews, similar to maw of infernal.

EDIT: after looking at more recent vids of defiler set on Youtube it looks like it no longer fights for you either just spawns and spews.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on October 29, 2022 10:01AM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene's monsterset summons a ghostly bear.
    To trigger, you need to get up close and personal ( <5 meter I believe ) and deal a martial attack ( poison, disease, physical, bleed dmg ).

https://eso-sets.com/set/selene

20221029121502-1.jpg
    20221029121503-1.jpg

EDIT: it is shortlived however, only does one attack, and doesn't follow an enemy around, so more in your "procs an effect that is an enemy" definition.
    Edited by BoraxFlux on October 29, 2022 10:33AM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowrend monsterset summons a shadowy clannfear.
    To trigger, you must take damage.

https://eso-sets.com/set/shadowrend

20221029125210-1.jpg
    Edited by BoraxFlux on October 29, 2022 11:02AM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Scavenging Demise set.

I just checked this set
    It is not exactly what i am looking for, while it does spawn something it is more of a simple proc that has that effect that is an enemy rather than it actually spawning an enemy that fights for you.
    I know defiler is a similar thing but the defiler moves to the enemy and then spews, similar to maw of infernal.

EDIT: after looking at more recent vids of defiler set on Youtube it looks like it no longer fights for you either just spawns and spews.

Sets that spawn pets that stick around for a bit are rare. Can only think of three and they are already mentioned: Maw of the Infernal and Shadowrend, both monster sets. And Morkuldin, crafted set, but that's just a flying blade and not a real monster like pet.

Also, if you plan to do group content with this character then keep in mind that tanks are not a fan of the Infernal. It blocks their view.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 29, 2022 11:44AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does Unfathomable Darkness feel, aesthetically?
    And how good is it by the numbers?
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Unfathomable Darkness feel, aesthetically?
    And how good is it by the numbers?

It's actually quite boring, just 4 crows that fly around you that periodically fly at the enemy.
    I got that set thinking it would be like a swarm of crows around you but it is just boring really.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Scavenging Demise set.

I just checked this set

Sets that spawn pets that stick around for a bit are rare. Can only think of three and they are already mentioned: Maw of the Infernal and Shadowrend, both monster sets. And Morkuldin, crafted set, but that's just a flying blade and not a real monster like pet.

Also, if you plan to do group content with this character then keep in mind that tanks are not a fan of the Infernal. It blocks their view.

I am a tank main actually and the maw is a pain in the ass, but one of the reasons I wanted this type of pet build thing is specifically for annoyance like that. Originally I was thinking of using it for dueling and having it so it obscures the other players view.
    Originally the defiler set, the defiler used to chase your target like the deadroth does with maw of inferno, but looking at a recent YouTube vid of it it looks like it doesn't work like that any more.

There is this set Aegis Caller that has a kinda semi proc pet that lingers for a long time but is a static aoe, not exactly what i ideally want
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iirc the defiler used to chase down the enemy and then do it's proc and go poof. But apparently it failed to reach a target a lot and go to waste so they changed it to spawn besides the target and then proc immediately.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iirc the defiler used to chase down the enemy and then do it's proc and go poof. But apparently it failed to reach a target a lot and go to waste so they changed it to spawn besides the target and then proc immediately.

Yeah that looks like the change they did, bit sad really but I guess defiler was useless in PVP because of it,

I don't regret getting the gold jewellery for it and I did build a build around it but it is interchangeable when and if I can find a different set that is better.
    I still need a complimentary set to the defiler set first.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To a petsorc with necropotence and all the familiars or a poison build (DK or NB) with swamp raider or venomous smite with defiler
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for a full zoo-sorc build you could run the following:
    scamp/clanfear
    twilghttormentor/matriarch
    storm antro ulti
    maw of inferno/shadowrend
    defilers
    morcalden (however its spelt lol)
    when all proc'd you would have a total of 6 "pets" fighting for you
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morkuldin works basically like maw of infernal where it summons a non-killable entity from doing light and heavy attacks

shadowrend also kind of works similar but it spawns when taking dmg (its also way weaker than maw of infernal because its mean to be a tank set, so not recommended for dmg)

i dont really consider defiler (or similar) to be considered a summon, its more like just a graphic for the attack similar to the bird attack from a warden as it cant be commanded and only does 1 particular thing (this type of thing would be like defiler, scavenging demise, selene bear, archdruid bear, aegis caller, etc and while they might look cool, none of them can really be commanded and despawn after making their action)

dont forget the companion too for those times you can use it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014