The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Gamepad Character Select Screen does not have an addons menu. Why ZOS why

IsJustaGhost
IsJustaGhost
✭✭
I just noticed the Gamepad Login Screen was added.
Why, ZOS, do you keep excluding features from gamepad mode?
Why is there no "Addons" menu?

It's not like I can actually do something about this in an addon this time.
Edited by IsJustaGhost on December 21, 2022 5:28PM
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PTS when this feature was added, it had the ability to switch seamlessly between the PC and Gamepad login screens based on which input had been most recently used. Now, for whatever reason, that functionality has been removed, and you have to get into game to change it. Don't know what happened there but it kinda sucks and I don't use the gamepad login even though I play exclusively with an xbox controller.
    Edited by Vylaera on October 30, 2022 3:30AM
    Vy • lae • ra
  • InsaneShad0w92
    Vylaera wrote: »
    On the PTS when this feature was added, it had the ability to switch seamlessly between the PC and Gamepad login screens based on which input had been most recently used. Now, for whatever reason, that functionality has been removed, and you have to get into game to change it. Don't know what happened there but it kinda sucks and I don't use the gamepad login even though I play exclusively with an xbox controller.

Ability to switch from gamepad to keyboard is in the game, make sure Accessabitlity is off, and Gamepad use to Auto, character and login screens will switch to whatever you use.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turn off accessibility mode. Easy.
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    The issue I'm bringing up is that they left out an obvious feature. It's not about whether or not you can change modes at log-in, and has nothing to do with accessibility mode.

Update 36 made it completely obvious why the Addon selection menu should be included in the gamepad character select screen.
    I logged in the game, walked outside of town and the game crashed. Was unable to enter the world after that. Every time I tried the game crashed before character activation. If the Addon selection menu was available, I could have dealt with it there. It's not like I could just get in game and change it to keyboard mode then log out and deal with the addon selection menu. And, if I could, why would I need to since I could have done it in game?
    The options just need to be where they should be.
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    Vylaera wrote: »
    Don't know what happened there but it kinda sucks and I don't use the gamepad login even though I play exclusively with an xbox controller.

There's a setting in Options (gamepad and keyboard) to enable the gamepad login screen.
    Options > Gameplay > Use Keyboard Login on / off
    Edited by IsJustaGhost on November 1, 2022 9:07PM
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed the Gamepad Login Screen was added.
    Why, ZOS, do you keep excluding features from gamepad mode?
    Why is there no "Addons" menu?

It's not like I can actually do something about this in an addon this time.

i like the gamepad login option and use it daily. much easier to use my controller in my hand rather than switch to mouse and keybiard for thar. been using it 3 months now.
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    Why has this become a discussion about the gamepad login screen? It's intent was to point out the gamepad character select screen does not have addon options like what is available in the keyboard character select screen.
    Ability to switch from gamepad to keyboard is in the game, make sure Accessabitlity is off, and Gamepad use to Auto, character and login screens will switch to whatever you use.
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Just turn off accessibility mode. Easy.

No one asked how to turn off the gamepad login screen.
    No one is complaining about being stuck having to log in using the gamepad login screen.

@ZOS_Kevin Is there a plan to get the addon menu added to the gamepad character select screen?