The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Inferno bugged?

Quenzar
Quenzar
I've had this skill on my DK's bars for days now and use it on almost every pull, but still have yet to gain a single tick of progress. It's still stuck at Inferno 1 with barely even a pixel of movement on the progress bar.

Am I doing something wrong or does this skill just not level up like the other ones?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that you’re not gaining exp on that bar? Like it’s on your backbar and you’re only killing things on frontbar?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Quenzar
    Quenzar
    Soarora wrote: »
    Is it possible that you’re not gaining exp on that bar? Like it’s on your backbar and you’re only killing things on frontbar?

Oooh that would make sense. I keep my buffs on one bar and combat abilities on the other. I didn’t realize that the abilities don’t level up if you don’t kill enemies while they’re on the current bar.

Thanks for letting me know, although it’s another reason to hate this clunky bar-changing thing. Ugh.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quenzar wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

Oooh that would make sense. I keep my buffs on one bar and combat abilities on the other. I didn’t realize that the abilities don’t level up if you don’t kill enemies while they’re on the current bar.

Thanks for letting me know, although it’s another reason to hate this clunky bar-changing thing. Ugh.

The bar changing thing isn't clunky, but I can appreciate you hating it.
    If you have skills you wish to level up, you can always go to Alikir Desert and the dolmens - put the abilities on your front bar that need to level and spend some time doing it. Levelling skills in this game is part of the play experience and sometimes you need to dedicate time to doing it, in the same way you dedicate time to obtaining gear, to inventory management, to crafting etc.