Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you enjoying the Witches Festival? I'm finding it to be my least favourite.

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
See subject line.

I'm finding that this year I'm just not participating in the festival at all. I'm using my event tickets to buy companion mage guild skill lines and just decided to buy the servant style pages at a vendor to avoid even having to try for them. Kill just about any boss, get a ticket and anything after that there are not any rewards that are worth the time to pursue?

Other than the double experience and event tickets I've found no reason to get involved in plunder skull farming. Am I missing something or for veteran players who have all the achievements are there other reasons to participate? Of all the events this one just seems to have like a bunch of junk compared to any other event.

And no I'm not upset with ZoS at all, it's not easy to build these events as I'm sure it takes a lot of time and thought to build the event, it just seems like for players who have played the game for a few years there's not much of a reason to get involved.

Idea's to revamp it a but for next year? Maybe something more than style pages perhaps?

Edited by Veinblood1965 on October 28, 2022 12:39PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with any event like this is that they go on too long for vet players, but they need to have event go for 7 - 10 days for newer players to get all the motifs, etc. The Jester's event already has so many fetch type side quests that it's almost become a chore to do. So adding more of those is not an answer. The only thing I can see the devs doing is increase the number of tickets from 2 to 4 a day. That way the vet players can get in and get their tickets, etc and be done with the event in 3 - 5 days. The rest of the event time, 3 or 4 more days, the newer players have the extra time to catch up with motifs, etc.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest people play their game and not let it play them. It is easy to think I have to do all this to get everything possible, but the reality is we are just fine without it.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with any event like this is that they go on too long for vet players, but they need to have event go for 7 - 10 days for newer players to get all the motifs, etc. The Jester's event already has so many fetch type side quests that it's almost become a chore to do. So adding more of those is not an answer. The only thing I can see the devs doing is increase the number of tickets from 2 to 4 a day. That way the vet players can get in and get their tickets, etc and be done with the event in 3 - 5 days. The rest of the event time, 3 or 4 more days, the newer players have the extra time to catch up with motifs, etc.

I for one appreciate the longer event times vs. 3-5 days timers. Really, love how they cover 2 weekends and not just one. Personally, I work every other weekend and when I do have to work, I do not get a lot of playtime.

Stay safe :)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find this even a chore. I like that it gets me up and moving to do WB and dolmens all in one day. There's also a lot off other players to help with the world bosses so it's not as tedious. So sorry for those of you who just solo everything, not all my toons are there yet and I enjoy the help.

I like this isn't a giant run of fetch quests. New life and jesters gets on my nerve that way but I also generally don't want what you need the tickets for and I'n not an indrik collector so the pressure is off there.

I like the themeing and the atmosphere and the group objectives.

Fine for me.

(the drop rate is a pain tho. and my one alt account has just started so they won't be able to get the old achievements @ZOS_Kevin maybe remind them to update the achievement lists)
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I chose the Witches Festival as my favorite back when someone was polling the playerbase about which event was everyone's favorite, but I like that the event encourages you to do different types of content-- overland quests, dolmens, group bosses, delves, public dungeons, group dungeons, arenas, trials, etc.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I participate in the seasonal events pretty erratically and the witches festival is one of my favorites. I really like the grab bag. As someone who doesn't bother much with saving up event tickets to morph various things into other things (I've been playing for several years and have two indriks) and also happens to be indifferent to collecting style pages, the grab bag is fun. If I eventually get all there is to get from that, I'll just collect some indrik parts.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I participate in the seasonal events pretty erratically and the witches festival is one of my favorites. I really like the grab bag. As someone who doesn't bother much with saving up event tickets to morph various things into other things (I've been playing for several years and have two indriks) and also happens to be indifferent to collecting style pages, the grab bag is fun. If I eventually get all there is to get from that, I'll just collect some indrik parts.

Hmm hadn't thought about the grab bag.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year was more fun for me. It was my first year playing and everything was new. This year it's all the same stuff. The stuff I got last year and some fairly lame random rewards. Not really worth the effort. For random rewards, I think ToT is better than plunder skulls.
    PS5/NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of the event's theme, but I like how easy it is to get the event tickets, and that there's a variety of ways to go about it. I skip the crow quest, because it requires feathers, and just pick a WB or a dolmen, whichever is closest to my location and get my tickets in a few minutes. The double XP is great as always, and the cauldron and transformation are a cool touch.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Missed out the last two tickets. The event was a bit disappointing owing to this and the low drop rate of Witchmother servant’s pages, as this one really likes the style.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was more witchy, and not just a high-intensity kill fest. More story quests would be good.
    PC EU