The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why is the Hollowjack Netch a crown gem purchase?

TybaltKaine
TybaltKaine
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is the Hollowjack Netch, an event timed non-combat pet that isn't available via crown crate, a crown gem purchase as opposed to a crown purchase? This seems very odd to me, as I can't think of any other event timed pets that function this way that aren't also available via crown crate for the duration of the event.

The cats were all crown purchases, the dog was fragment based, and the other pets have been available in the crates for the entire event.

Was this an error or intentional? Are we telling people that they need to spend enough money on crown crates in the next 7 days to earn 225 crown gems, even with an active ESO+ subscription?

Surely, this can't be right. If it is, I may have to start looking for another hobby to get invested into, because nickel and diming people for timed pets is kind of rotten, and no one wants rotten pumpkins for Halloween.

EDIT: Most pets that are crown crate exclusive cost 16 to 40 gems. Why is this one priced so aggressively high? It's not even available in any crates.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 5:00PM
  • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
  • PC/NA
  • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
  • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
  • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
  • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
  • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
  • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So use seals instead?
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    So use seals instead?

That's not the point, and even if it were, it's 4800 seals for a pet, which is ridiculous.

EDIT: I can see that argument being valid if anyone knew it was going to be a gem pet which they did not and had no reason to assume so since every other timed holiday pet in this event has been a crown purchase . No one can save 4800 seals for a thing they didn't know was available until it has a 7 day timer. You can't earn that many that fast either, it's pay us money, hope you have a ridiculous number of seals saved or just deal with it.

That's rotten.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on October 27, 2022 3:55PM
    • PC/NA
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this one has always been a gem exclusive

do i like gem exclusives? absolutely not (in fact i find crown gems really dumb now that we have endeavor seals which are the same dang thing)

personally i feel all of the "exclusive" items tend to be overpriced (5000 crown elk mount that had no additional functionality like the 2 person mount, spriggan polymoprhs, etc)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I was browsing the store half asleep, and misread the price thinking it was 225 Crowns, and was debating if it was worth that, at 225 gems, that's a def fuggedaboutit!
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 5:02PM
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's insane. It's been a 225 gem pet for six years? Well color me shocked, as a newish player who started in 2020 and didn't even know this was a thing. Guess I just won't be getting it then, ever.
    • PC/NA
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was hoping to collect all the netches but I'm passing on this 225 gems is ridiculous.