Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Not a fair game

Melzo
Melzo
✭✭✭✭
I and my opponents very often had a situation where at the beginning of the game I or my opponent received very expensive cards in each turn. And this happened 2-4 times. For example, if in the first turn you received a card that gives 5 gold and after a turn you get the same card for which you buy a card with gold 7 gold. Just like that, the opponent has no cards at all, and you have two cards that give 5 and 7 gold. Moreover, the enemy cannot just do anything. Because of this, you or your opponent draw good cards and you lose at the very beginning of the game. This is an example of idiocy. Such cases are quite frequent. You lose or win just because you are a little more fortunate than your opponent .... Inadequate garbage ...

I rank in the top 2-10 percent and win 60-70 times just because of luck...To increase your rating, you just need to play more often ..... And at the same time, you don’t even need to be a super good player ...
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    And it happens when you take cards in turn, you come across good cards but of different colors, and the enemy has only violet ones. And on the tenth move, he has half a deck of purple cards.

And you either lose or just do not take cards and lose anyway.... And yes, this happened to me and to my opponents.... And when you play, you can fly out of the top 10 percent and sometimes luck blesses you, you fly into the top 2 percent... It's too much of a gamble. I don’t know if gambling is allowed in your country, but I would fine you for such a game. After all, this is no different from twenty-one, poker and other gambling games ...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday my opponent was able to purchase 2 Currency Exchange cards in the first few turns. I just conceded and took the penalty because there was no point in wasting my time after that. No matter how well I played I couldn't overcome that advantage.
    PCNA
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday my opponent was able to purchase 2 Currency Exchange cards in the first few turns. I just conceded and took the penalty because there was no point in wasting my time after that. No matter how well I played I couldn't overcome that advantage.

Yesterday I had an opponent get Hira’s End on turn 3 and Rally on turn 5 I think. It was over very quickly.

They got lucky in getting both power cards early to flip Ansei patron. I wasn’t able to get both power cards, so couldn’t flip it back before they purchased those cards.

Next game the opposite happened. I got all the cards and my opponent was like I was in the prior game.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always accepted that there would be an element of RNG in any card game, but thought with enough skill wins were possible even with the cards stacked against us. I am quickly changing my mind.

I have noticed a pattern that does not seem like RNG or coincidence. If I win and get up near the top of a rank then I win more than I lose and gain more per win. But if I lose 2 in a row it's a fast plummet down.

I was hanging around rank 200 - 300 in Rubedite and doing pretty well. I even made it up to 124 once and was one win away from making the Leaderboard for the first time. Well I lost one and then I lost another and now I'm at 1100 over 2 days time.

The scoring system rewards those who win, which it should, but it greatly punishes for losing 2 in a row, and makes it very difficult to regain any progress until we hit rock bottom and have to slowly climb our way back up again.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Please give us some insight on how this works.
    PCNA
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    It is a card game. Many things depend on random. No matter what skill or knowledge do you have.
    Bad luck is a bad luck. Deal with it and play with what you have.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)