The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has there been changes to Sea serpent?

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
Last two days everyone is using sea serpent, has there been any changes done to the item?

Why I ask is that I haven't changed anything with my build, 32500 resistances, major and minor protection with 33000 health and people kill me in 3-4 attacks? Even when Im blocking with a shield it just goes through? It has NEVER been this way before?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 5:24PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a streamer using it lately? Thats usually how things happen, a streamer uses a certain build and then all their followers/viewers use it until they get bored of it/the streamer tries something else.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit resist? There's some builds with very high crit
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    Last two days everyone is using sea serpent, has there been any changes done to the item?

Why I ask is that I haven't changed anything with my build, 32500 resistances, major and minor protection with 33000 health and people kill me in 3-4 attacks? Even when Im blocking with a shield it just goes through? It has NEVER been this way before?

There are attacks that can bypass block and/or resistances, such as Templar’s javelin or Hrothgar’s Chill. Oblivion damage ignores mitigation as well, and Occult Overload is popular in PvP - it will hit you for 12.8k per person who procs it near you. That isn’t related to Sea Serpent’s Coil, though.
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32500 resists is not armor cap in pvp. It's a good amount but Major and Minor Breach are incredibly common, add another 6k pen from the average pvp build and there goes half your resists. Also, what is your Crit Resistance? We are in a burst meta with Nightblades and Wardens and these builds have well over 100% crit damage. You need some crit resit.

Sea-Serpents is good atm because of the burst meta. It procs if you take damage while at full health. So if you have pressure instead of burst you can prevent your opponent from reaching 100% health and proccing coil. You could also just build mobility and literally walk away (or kite) from a coil user unless they are a bowtard.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys. I know about the cap and everything you said. Been playing since beta and pvped for 4 years now.

The thing is it's not some specific attacks but alnost every class with mixed abilities and Sea serpent. Maybe I just had bad luck with ranged glass cannons using Sea serpent many BG rounds in a row making it seem Sea serpent seem different

Will login tonight and see if it is the same way.
    Edited by Mrtoobyy on October 27, 2022 12:15PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

After 3 days of inactivity? Slow day?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD