The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Addon for extended info in the group frames wanted

Azrael_1976
Azrael_1976
✭✭✭
Hello all,

I have a somewhat specific question.

I like the standard group display with the 4 slim red life bars, but I would like to be able to see the class symbol (not so important) and especially the (CP) level of my teammates in the line where the char name is. So I'm not interested in changing the appearance, but just to have 1 or 2 information more in view.

Not more - not less. No bells and whistles, no colored life bars, numbers in absolute or percent, nor anything else. This confuses me, after I learned in Stadia to get along almost completely without addons. The more streamlined and original the UI is, the more relaxed I can play with it. :)

Does anyone know a suitable addon? (alternative Group Frames and Co. I have already been through, but I find them too bulky, because they do not only add info, but change the whole look of the Group Frames).
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votan provides some Group addons changing the vanilla Ui group frames. Dunno the name anymore but if your search for votan you should find it.

Or search for Group, at Minion or www.esoui.com addon search.
    I think there was something with group frame in the name too.
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for trying to help me. I already looked through all group and unit frames addons on ESOUI. Anything, that only changes the text of the existing (vanilla) group frames, seems not to exist.

However I have been thinking about my request myself and found out, that the info I wanted does not help me in the way I thought it would do. The idea was to be able to predict, if the group finder matched me with noCP, (probably beginners) lowCP (maybe not much experienced) or highCP (experienced but probably "runners").

Meanwhile I found out, that this does not make any difference while playing with PUGs. Even a noCP-Char can be an alt of a highCP Player, who may start rushing through the dungeon. On the other hand there are highCP player, that will help and/or wait patiently, too (e.g. doing quest oder struggling with an unknown mechanic).

Edited by Azrael_1976 on November 7, 2022 1:25PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I found out, that this does not make any difference while playing with PUGs. Even a noCP-Char can be an alt of a highCP Player, who may start rushing through the dungeon. On the other hand there are highCP player, that will help and/or wait patiently, too (e.g. doing quest oder struggling with an unknown mechanic).

Exactly. In normal dungeons, you can have experienced players on a low level char that absolutely pull their weight and you can have 2000cp bow light attack spamming "tanks". Still, I like some additional information and a yet clean UI. I have a (probably very) outdated version of FTC which still does it for me. But it changs the UI a bit more than what you are asking for.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha you wouldn't believe me how many cp1000+ chars I played with who did not see red fields, didn't know what interrupt is or even had any idea ESO uses boss mechanics...so many simple and idiotic dmg raise players who grinded dolmens for CPs,and cannot play in group at all.they somehow do not know how to,or that it's even possible to,port on group m8s :-)