The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar - what % to start execute

Hagrett
Hagrett
✭✭✭
Hey,

Looking for advice regarding what percentage a magicka templar should replace their spammable with jesus beam. Does this % change depending on which morph you use?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best parses I have seen recently start right around 35% for radiant destruction. They are using shards as a spammable so if using sweeps, you might actually start a little earlier, as shards is a slightly better ST spammable (good job on that one, ZOS). I would wager that Radiant Glory would start a touch later as it doesnt hit quite as hard, but not 100% sure on that.

Edit: FWIW, Luca Says 40% in his guide.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 25, 2022 6:00PM
  • Hagrett
    Hagrett
    ✭✭✭
    Brill, thanks!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 40% you can completely drop everything else in your rotation and go nothing but light attacks and radiant.

You can continue to cast other skill on top of execute past 40% but they don't add dps increase, it's a minimal +/-

You can cast things like structured entropy or vampires bane or trap to get the buffs but you don't do it for the damage.

After 15% you should not cast anything other than execute. On my build at 10% I'm dealing 300k damage if it all crits in ONE CAST of execute. Nothing comes close to that for the global. You will lose damage if try past 15%.

I've been parsing non stop over the past few days on my oakensoul build and I've recently gotten to 80k using only dark flare, trap (best single target dot for mag as it gives us guaranteed 100% uptime on hemoraghing dot with the bleed damage from trap) and radiant destruction.

I'm running oakensoul, orders wrath 3 light, pillar of nirn 3 medium, 1 slimecraw light. Fire staff.

You can run without oakensoul and use a fire staff dot on backbar for uptime on infused spell damage weapon enchant and run DW on frontbar, and a full monster set. This would net you more damage but makes for a slightly more complicated rotation.

Good luck!

• Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you all dont mind me asking what these percentages are? How are they used?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 43% Radiant Oppression begins to outperform Blazing Spear spam (but not a full duration Blazing Spear). With Jabs/Sweeps as a spammable it would be a little later, I don't have the exact %.

You'll still want to keep up most DoTs for a while longer, assuming the enemy has enough health to survive for most of the DoT duration. You can stop casting PotL/Purifying and Blazing Spear entirely at about 30%. Deadly Cloak and Ritual of Retribution are still good until about 15%. You'll want to keep casting Barbed Trap and whatever you use to activate back bar Infused Berserker (Wall, Hail or Stampede) until nearly the end, just don't bother if the boss is within a few beams of death.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 28, 2022 7:02PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    At 40% you can completely drop everything else in your rotation and go nothing but light attacks and radiant.

You can continue to cast other skill on top of execute past 40% but they don't add dps increase, it's a minimal +/-

You can cast things like structured entropy or vampires bane or trap to get the buffs but you don't do it for the damage.

After 15% you should not cast anything other than execute. On my build at 10% I'm dealing 300k damage if it all crits in ONE CAST of execute. Nothing comes close to that for the global. You will lose damage if try past 15%.

I've been parsing non stop over the past few days on my oakensoul build and I've recently gotten to 80k using only dark flare, trap (best single target dot for mag as it gives us guaranteed 100% uptime on hemoraghing dot with the bleed damage from trap) and radiant destruction.

I'm running oakensoul, orders wrath 3 light, pillar of nirn 3 medium, 1 slimecraw light. Fire staff.

You can run without oakensoul and use a fire staff dot on backbar for uptime on infused spell damage weapon enchant and run DW on frontbar, and a full monster set. This would net you more damage but makes for a slightly more complicated rotation.

Good luck!

I dont believe that is true at the extreme end of things. Some things are worth keeping up in execute. On an oakesoul build, that is probably less true.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else to think about if your oakening it up and playing around with crescent sweep you can start RD closer to 50 percent against elite mobs. Against anything else I may even start towards 60 percent thanks to the ramp damage of crescent it’s a close break even for extremely lazy play. Nuking a troll in 1 crescent and 2 rds on a 40k health build gives me a chuckle.

Other than that for competitive stuff 35-40 percent dependent on the edge factors of your build crit, spell dam, etc etc.

Also in PVP, again, if I’m being lazy and backline jbeaming people I may start as high as 70-75 percent if that person is outnumbered. The outnumbered person needs to deal with 2 attackers and an escalating jbeam from the back off line. It’s terrible troll behavior I know but this is where ZOS combat changes have left me.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Blazing Spear the spammable rather than something single-target?

Well, the answer is obvious if there's any cleaving to be done, and you want it on your bar for sure, but why else? Bar space? Ticks while you're casting other things in your rotation?
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you all dont mind me asking what these percentages are? How are they used?

you are asking 40% of what? in that case, we all are talking about the targets health
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Blazing Spear the spammable rather than something single-target?

Well, the answer is obvious if there's any cleaving to be done, and you want it on your bar for sure, but why else? Bar space? Ticks while you're casting other things in your rotation?

Yes, all of those. Blazing Spam is surprisingly good, slightly better than weakened sweeps for single target. It also seems to perform better than Force Pulse or Ele Weapon, and gives great cleave. Stamina has some better spammable options, but Magplar cannot sustain them easily.

The bar slot can be used for something like Camo Hunter, which then buffs your beam damage further. Slotting a different spammable to use for the first 57% of a fight just is not worth it when blazing does the job fine.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »

you are asking 40% of what? in that case, we all are talking about the targets health

Yes thats what I am asking. Thank you. It just didn't dawn on me what the percents are.
    In Combat Metrics there is a percent column. Thought it might have something to do with that.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on October 27, 2022 11:16AM
  • Hagrett
    Hagrett
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: I should mention that for long fights you may still need to cast a Purifying Light every 20s after 30% to keep up Minor Sorcery if there are no other Templars and you or an ally has spell damage jewelry glyphs.

Wouldn't you be getting the Minor Sorcery from using beam as that's a Dawn's Wrath skill?
    Edited by Hagrett on October 27, 2022 11:31AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hagrett wrote: »
    Edit: I should mention that for long fights you may still need to cast a Purifying Light every 20s after 30% to keep up Minor Sorcery if there are no other Templars and you or an ally has spell damage jewelry glyphs.

Wouldn't you be getting the Minor Sorcery from using beam as that's a Dawn's Wrath skill?

That is my thinking since it is the only Dawn's Wrath skill I slot. I beam once every 20 seconds early in the fight for the passive even though the boss is not low health yet. Just don't have the bar space for another DW skill.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hagrett wrote: »

@Hagrett you're right, good call. So I guess there is no reason to cast Purifying/PotL after 30%.