The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Delve boss spawns are broken because of AwA

BahometZ
BahometZ
✭✭✭✭✭
Every delve I go into I have to wait 4-5 minutes for the boss to spawn, unless I get lucky and a new player walks in. And I have to wonder are ZOS ever going to do anything about it. Or am I just adding this here for the purpose of archiving a complaint.
Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am frequently in a lightly populated delve (Del's Claim) and am alone or with just one or two others, so I imagine there is a 5 minute wait every time. I just don't stick around for those 5 minutes. I get my once-per-day skull and leave.

However, back in the event heyday when mobs of players would be doing the event, it actually got annoying when people came in and the boss spawned early because it might be too soon to get a Plunder Skull and the wait could even be longer. I was on PC, so I used an add on to let me know when it was time to kill another boss, and just sat out the early spawns.

Edited by Elsonso on October 24, 2022 11:08AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after camping the onkobra kwama mine for a combined 30 hours since the event started, the boss spawn seems to vary quite a lot

the boss in there seemed to spawn between every 40 sec to 5 min depending on how many people were coming/going

this to me seems pretty consistent with my experiences the last few witches festivals, as i commonly use this delve boss for camping with my 2nd acct to get plunders lol (because the boss is a kwama i also get decorative wax and scrib jelly occasionally from it too lol)

witches festival is my point of reference since ive had my 2nd acct for 6 years and do this same thing pretty much every year for extra plunder skulls, and last years witches festival took place before AWA
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this to me seems pretty consistent with my experiences the last few witches festivals, as i commonly use this delve boss for camping with my 2nd acct to get plunders lol (because the boss is a kwama i also get decorative wax and scrib jelly occasionally from it too lol)

witches festival is my point of reference since ive had my 2nd acct for 6 years and do this same thing pretty much every year for extra plunder skulls, and last years witches festival took place before AWA

Post-AWA, as I understand it, only accounts that have not received the achievement for that dungeon will cause an early spawn. Pre-AWA, any character that had not received the achievement would do this. The net is that, all other things being equal, early spawns should happen less.

HOWEVER, if there is an influx of new players to replace existing players, this could negate that enough that early spawns will be common. Those new people probably won't be around next year, and if they are, they won't trigger an early boss spawn. The trend should be towards longer boss spawn times as the game ages, as they won't be able to maintain the same level of new players over time.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Post-AWA, as I understand it, only accounts that have not received the achievement for that dungeon will cause an early spawn. Pre-AWA, any character that had not received the achievement would do this. The net is that, all other things being equal, early spawns should happen less.

HOWEVER, if there is an influx of new players to replace existing players, this could negate that enough that early spawns will be common. Those new people probably won't be around next year, and if they are, they won't trigger an early boss spawn. The trend should be towards longer boss spawn times as the game ages, as they won't be able to maintain the same level of new players over time.

the way ive always known is that the boss spawn rate is increased when there is a larger amount of players

its pretty easy to time when the boss spawns after a skull since i use the plunder skull timer addon that adds a timer that counts since the last time you got a skull (so if the boss spawns early for me and i dont get another skull the timer will keep going)

there were some periods though where i was able to kill the boss almost 3 times before i got another skull, and other times when it was close to the 4-5 min spawn time i would get a skull pretty much every time it was killed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014