The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daemon Chicken and Daemon Cockerel

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
These non combat pets are exactly the same. They both are obtainable by crown crates, and one is in the "Exotic" cathegory, the other in the "Daedric" cathegory. Daemon Chicken comes from Xanmeer Crown Crates, Daemon Cockerel from Hollowjack Crown Crates. But they are completely the same, also their behaviors. How is this fact ?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 3:41PM
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are both male and female Daedric "deities" called Princes?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • meekmiko
      meekmiko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      One is a rooster and the other is a hen.
      Daemon Chicken lays flaming eggs, while the Daemon Cockerel doesn't. (He also has larger and longer tail feathers of course.)
      As for why they're in the two different categories I dunno. Just how ZOS has always had it. /Shrug
      🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
      vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
      • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
      • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
      • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
      • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
      • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
      • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
      • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
      • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
      • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
      • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
      • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
      • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
      • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
      • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
      • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
      • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
      • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
      • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
      • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
      • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
      • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • Sonnir
      Sonnir
      ✭✭✭
      I have both birds as well but find it very obnoxious thay they are virtually same bird just have to pay for it twice. :(
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sonnir wrote: »
      I have both birds as well but find it very obnoxious thay they are virtually same bird just have to pay for it twice. :(

Please post a screenshot when the Cockerel lays an egg...
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Rishikesa108
        Rishikesa108
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        meekmiko wrote: »
        One is a rooster and the other is a hen.
        Daemon Chicken lays flaming eggs, while the Daemon Cockerel doesn't. (He also has larger and longer tail feathers of course.)
        As for why they're in the two different categories I dunno. Just how ZOS has always had it. /Shrug

Oh dear! So you looked over there... omg I forgot to check just there XD
        Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
      • NotaDaedraWorshipper
        NotaDaedraWorshipper
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        As @meekmiko said, they are not the same. One is a rooster the other is a hen. They look very similar yet, but have some small differences. The cockerel got larger comb and wattles, as well as longer tail feathers. Its animation is different too with the biggest difference being that the chicken lays eggs. Both normal and flaming ones. The cockerel mostly flaps its wings and pecks on the ground.
        [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
      • whitecrow
        whitecrow
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I really wish they would redo the pets categories to be more like the mounts. They are not helpful as is. I guess flying is self-explanatory and daedric is ok but domestic vs. exotic is not so clear. I would prefer felines, canines, etc.