The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Card Game

Jaywics
Jaywics
✭✭✭
I took a break from the forums, but can someone remind me who asked for a card game in an expansion rather than a new skill, race, or class?

thanks in advance!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 3:37PM
XBOX1 NA
XBL: Jaywics
Discord ID: jaywics#2078

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one,but we got it and it is great.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people actually. Look at threads about tavern games or other social RP elements and you'll find a lot of people suggesting a card game of some form. Admittedly not my preference, but it's not like it came out of the blue.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree, many people asked for some mini game (card game). Though current ESO card game is a bit complicated = boring. That's not how the players wanted it to be.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one,but we got it and it is great.

I shook my head in disbelief when it was announced but I'm rather enjoying it. Even if I only play versus NPC's.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 23, 2022 1:47PM
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it certainly wasn't me. I gave it a go since I'd paid for the chapter, and it confirmed my expectations of being slow, dull, clunky, and not remotely what I'm looking for in an MMO.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, tavern games were requested a LOT in online discussions on social media / Reddit before High Isles was released. And having finally given it a go, I am surprised and impressed by the depth of ToT. It's a really well designed card game that I would definitely pick up if it was a physical, tabletop game.

That said, I don't think it's really an appropriate selling point for ESO and hope they don't do this again. Chapters are premium products and should be sold on the strength of core MMO mechanics (skills, combat, characters, classes, zones, storylines), and not subgames. While I hope they make more subgames, I hope that they won't see them as anything other than a bonus feature, rather than the main focus, of future paid releases.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather liked it. Admittedly when I first heard about it I was in the same camp as the OP but honestly I enjoyed High Isle more than any other release except Summerset. Kept me busy for well over a month, even with a few gripes here and there.

That being said a few more off the beaten path implementations would be nice such as variable quest lines that come with severely different ends depending on your choices would be nice.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't me and I don't like it. It doesn't fit the elderscrolls theme. The people of tamriel are plagued with hardship and evil forces. Who would sit down and play cards in such a world, also, the losers don't die, or become a zombie, or get changed into a monkey or cheese. Where's Sheo, he needs to end this madness and replace it with his own!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember if there were any requests for a card game before the announcement that TES:Legends would not be getting any more new content (or whatever that announcement said), but there were definitely players asking for a card game after that. To be more accurate, there were players begging ZOS to somehow incorporate Legends into ESO, which I thought would be a lore-breaking thing to do based on the time period during which Legends is set.

What we got is a card game that is very different than Legends, and for that I am very grateful because I enjoy ToT a lot more than I do Legends, although the fans of Legends who were begging for it to be incorporated into ESO are (as far as I know) very unhappy that ToT isn't Legends.

I don't know if any of those "Add Legends to ESO" requests were deleted, but if not then you can search the forums for things like "Legends" or "tavern games" to see those requests for yourself.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I asked for the card game.

You are welcome. Enjoy.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very against it... then I got hooked.
    PCNA
  • beenbadder
    beenbadder
    ✭✭
    They're pointless content that adds nothing at all
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaywics wrote: »
    I took a break from the forums, but can someone remind me who asked for a card game in an expansion rather than a new skill, race, or class?

thanks in advance!

Why are you worried with something that a lot of players are enjoying?

Can't you ask for something you want without blocking what others enjoy?

You are not forced to play it. There's a lot to do in the game.

I don't like battlefields and I'm not going to ask who asked for it instead of a new "skill, race, or class".

Anyway... do you really think that a new skill would be better than the card game!? wow! :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much bashing and baiting toward the card game by so many players that it's utterly unreal.

An example of a type of comment I keep seeing from time to time which I consider to be baiting is "all 14 players who are still interested in the card game." Anyone who does not consider that to be baiting should replace "the card game" with "vet trials" and ask themselves (with complete honesty) whether they would consider such a statement to be baiting toward the players for whom vet trials are an important part of the game.

I'm not sure how to classify the frequent claim that "no one asked for the card game." First of all, there were people asking for a card game in these forums in the year or so before the High Isle chapter and the card game were announced. Did they ask for this specific card game? No; many of them seemed to be hoping that TES:Legends would somehow be incorporated into ESO as a tavern game-- an idea that, in my humble opinion, would have been completely bonkers as far as "breaking the lore," given that Legends takes place in ESO's far future. But I think that whether or not anyone asked for this specific card game is immaterial to the claim that "no one asked for the card game." Anyone who thinks otherwise should consider how they would feel if next year's "new feature" were to turn out to be a new class, but were to happen to be a class that some players were to absolutely hate for whatever reason, and then they were to start bashing the new class as "the new class no one wanted."
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!