The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trapping webs as a spammable, viable with some tweaking

JerBearESO
JerBearESO
✭✭✭✭
The Undaunted ability Trapping Webs is actually pretty fun to use as a spammable...almost. Killing things by throwing webs at the ground is fun, but....

1. The 4m radius is ridiculously small! compare this to the 6m radius of impulse. i know trapping webs has a slow, so it should have reduced radius, but we need 5m here.
2. Most of the power is tied to an effect that doesn't happen, the 10 second delayed burst. I get that this is meant for a PvE holding a boss in place kind of situation, but it would be nice to see some power shift here for anyone wanting to use this skill as a spammable. for example, the burst could apply when the effect ends rather than after a full 10 second duration, thus allowing it to go off from recasting the ability, much like unstable wall of elements; likely best to greatly reduce the burst damage, then perhaps multiply it based on duration the ability was active to achieve the same damage at full duration.

That's it! By giving this ability a slight amount of love, we can start to see it used as a viable spammable; a unique AoE skillshot spammable with some utility!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried to make this work while toying with a Templar tank. Most bosses simply ignore the CC and the damage at the end of 10 seconds is underwhelming. I think it need a total overhaul, not just a tweak. to make it viable. I hope they do, it is a fun skill.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree that this skill is not currently in a good place. It's trying to do too much and thus failing at all of it.

Poison Damage enthusiasts have LONG hoped to get the damage converted to Poison type so that they could have a viable spammable ability that wasn't locked into using a Bow. So that seems like a good change for at least one of the morphs.

And then... do we REALLY need the delayed damage on both morphs? Seems like something that would be fine to leave on one morph and then do something else with the other.

The morph with the Stun, in particular, is just so odd. The radius is tiny, the synergy is conditional to only working when you are more than 22 meters away from the target location, and most/all bosses are immune to Stuns to begin with, so... what is going on with this morph? Is it meant to be a PvP skill? If so, that radius needs a HUGE boost to at least 6 meters; more likely all the way to 8 meters if they keep the weird 22 meter proviso on activating the synergy. Reduce or eliminate the up-front damage if need be to pay for it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think ive ever really liked this skill, the most fun part of this is actually the synergy to spawn the spider which you cant do by yourself

the other issue ive had with the synergy is you have to have an actual target to trigger the synergy instead of just triggering it and letting the spider go to whatever
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014