Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witches Writs Broken

Rezzinu
Rezzinu
✭✭✭
If you try to do Witches Writs back to back the second will bug out and not complete. Upon relogging the game will abandon the writ. This has happened twice (2x writs) now with the cooking writs.

Just a heads up so you do not lose your writs while trying to progress the achievement.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 25, 2022 2:30AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you mean by "back to back?"
    Are you handing in the first writ (thus completing it) before trying to start the second?
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 22, 2022 2:50PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I did 2 such writs this morning no problem. Did one from start to finish. Then immediately opened the second one and did it. So very separate but one right after the other.
      PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    • rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I did three back to back - crafed the dishes before hand, walked to box and started writ & turned it in until all done. I did not notice any issues.
      Edited by rpa on October 22, 2022 7:00PM
    • Rezzinu
      Rezzinu
      ✭✭✭
      Both were cooking writs for me, and were the same exact writ (pumpkin skewers). First time I cooked up the food, turned it in, started the second writ and got the below picture. Relogged, the game abandoned the writ on its own. Started the process over again, turned in the first writ fine, second writ the game consumed the writ but never gave me the quest to cook.

luimvs9avwkj.png
    • Rezzinu
      Rezzinu
      ✭✭✭
      Since my original post this morning I logged back on (6~ hours later) and crafted/turned in 18 witches writs with no issue. So I am unsure what caused the bug earlier, but it seems to have been fixed now.
    • MJ202
      MJ202
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have a huge stack of Writs for the recipes which have yet to drop for me. Does that count as broken?
    • Holycannoli
      Holycannoli
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm not getting any recipes to drop, and not finding them on vendors. That's what's broken lol.
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've got all but one of the recipes on my new account PC NA, and only one writ so far - and have had all of them for years on the other accounts both PC NA and EU. My new account on EU has just a couple of the recipes and 6 writs already. I won't worry about doing the writs until after the end of the event - running 6 characters through a delve daily, plus trying to get my level 38s and 45s moving toward 50 is really all I have time for right now.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • jtm1018
      jtm1018
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just delete it, damn witches will never tell me what to do in tamriel, witches be crazy.
    • DP99
      DP99
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm just wondering why they art not counting for the "Complete one Holiday Quest" endeavor? It's literally a special type of quest to do during the Holiday Event!
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post