The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add Group Duels

Vizzini
Vizzini
✭✭
Something that was awesome about New World was the ability to challenge another group to a duel. The result of this feature was constant tournaments organized by the PVP community. Currently when the ESO PVP community want to have group tournaments they set a time and all the groups try to que at the exact same time for a BG and then hope they get get into the same match. This is obviously terrible and takes hours and has that nice effect of one team getting farmed by the other two in order to get kills. This results in very few tournaments and therefore less PVP content for everyone.

In terms of work for the developer, I think this would be a very low investment cost feature to add but would give a lot to the PVP community :)

Just a couple of other things id like to see:
-Why in gods name does radiating regen stack in PVP? Groups running around with 12 stacks of it in Cyrodill. This is soooooo stupid. please stop this.
-A better and more comprehensive ranking system for PVP in ESO. Your card game has a better ranking system. Please this is long overdue.
Edited by Vizzini on October 21, 2022 7:12PM
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Vizzini wrote: »
    Something that was awesome about New World was the ability to challenge another group to a duel. The result of this feature was constant tournaments organized by the PVP community. Currently when the ESO PVP community want to have group tournaments they set a time and all the groups try to que at the exact same time for a BG and then hope they get get into the same match. This is obviously terrible and takes hours and has that nice effect of one team getting farmed by the other two in order to get kills. This results in very few tournaments and therefore less PVP content for everyone.

In terms of work for the developer, I think this would be a very low investment cost feature to add but would give a lot to the PVP community :)

This would be a great small investment for ZOS to capitalize on.

I might even go as far as saying, "we don't even need new BG modes if we could do group duels."

Just make it so, whoever was in your group was included on your team in the duel.

I would LOVE to hear what @ZOS_Kevin thinks about this.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Vizzini wrote: »

This would be a great small investment for ZOS to capitalize on.

I might even go as far as saying, "we don't even need new BG modes if we could do group duels."

Just make it so, whoever was in your group was included on your team in the duel.

I would LOVE to hear what @ZOS_Kevin thinks about this.

Me too! Love this idea!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group duels or team combat should be added via homes, not the open world overland. If they refined the PvP home for this it would make it into a cash cow.

• Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Group duels or team combat should be added via homes, not the open world overland. If they refined the PvP home for this it would make it into a cash cow.

Why not open world?

And what do you mean by "refined the PvP Home" ?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not open world?

the elinhir private arena house is what they are referring to

majority of the house is a gladiator arena similar to some of the BG maps, but it also has activatable traps in the arena

refining would probably mean doing stuff like adding an ability to turn on/off pvp while in the house or something similar
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Vizzini

Inconceivable!
    It's Conceivable!

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭

Why not open world?

the elinhir private arena house is what they are referring to

majority of the house is a gladiator arena similar to some of the BG maps, but it also has activatable traps in the arena

refining would probably mean doing stuff like adding an ability to turn on/off pvp while in the house or something similar

Oh okay. That would make more sense and I would agree. It would definitely be a cash cow if the only way to do Group Duels was to own the Elinhir Private Arena.

Granted, I wouldn't mind being able to do group fights in ANY home. Just because it would be almost like a "new map" - Either case, I'd be fine with both!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not open world?

1. group duels should be in a defined area. It would be a little much to have group duels in and around major cities, which is exactly where they would occur if they were not restricted to a major city. Really any quest hub for that matter should be void of group duels.

2. Misspelled a word. I mean to say, refine the PvP home. Refine the PvP home so it can handle group duels properly.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'd rather be able to do it anywhere. I only see one reason to restrict it to homes... And that's to make it more palatable for the company. If that's what is needed then okay I'm on board. Open world would be infinitely better though.

And if we're worried about lagging in the cities I think that's kinda a minor concern. Random group duels would occur wherever I suppose but any tournaments or like serious grudge matches would occur elsewhere. For the same reason we don't want them in cities... They won't want our lag either.
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Honestly I'd rather be able to do it anywhere. I only see one reason to restrict it to homes... And that's to make it more palatable for the company. If that's what is needed then okay I'm on board. Open world would be infinitely better though.

And if we're worried about lagging in the cities I think that's kinda a minor concern. Random group duels would occur wherever I suppose but any tournaments or like serious grudge matches would occur elsewhere. For the same reason we don't want them in cities... They won't want our lag either.

Yeah, I'd be fine restricting it to homes...but can you imagine how EPIC that would be if we could do it anywhere? LOL! Oh man. Running around houses, down back into alley ways, fighting in castle keeps, or high up in towers... I'll keep dreaming though. xD
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

While I doubt the idea would get any consideration from Zenimax since it would compete with BGs there is every reason to think, there would be restrictions if group duels were added. We have seen lag in cities and Zenimax has started taking lag seriously making it extremely unlikely group duels would be permitted in major hubs if this were to be implemented.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't disagree, I just think the duelers would choose to not be in big cities for the same reason. I mean what's more problematic? Lag when fighting or lag when browsing auction houses? But again I don't disagree with you.

Just kinda tired of having the games shortcomings given as reasons we can't have nice things and then the players themselves defending this policy instead of hoping and asking for improvements that allow for improvements.

Its just someone's fun idea and I agree it'd be fun. That's really the end of my involvement. I'm a customer.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not open world?

New World restricts where you can start a duel, so doing so in the middle of a settlement or the like isn't even possible in that game. And for the actual arenas (like WoW's 2v2s and 3v3s) you teleport into a little instanced area.
    Seriously though, I've been waiting for ESO to add features like this. I love smaller scale pvp way more than stuff like Cyrodiil.... and while objective based BGs are fun, sometimes just a small team vs team fight to the death in an open little area is what I need.
    Edited by fizzylu on November 8, 2022 12:19PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree and wish it too. I also had this idea and posted it quite a while ago too! It would be a great addition to the game imo.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very good idea, but not new. Anyone have any official feedback about this topic from official staff? @ZOS_Kevin is there any official plan / statement about the above mentioned group duell?