The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Game Mode Idea for 2023 - Rumble

Icyfire369
Icyfire369
✭✭✭
It's not really new. I believe that was the same name of the mode they used in Destiny (D1) back in like...2014-2015?

The idea was a free-for-all. Six person match. First person to 20 kills wins. (Obviously, adjusted for what would make sense in ESO)

It was very fast paced and a lot of fun.

What do you guys think?

If anything, I think it would be a cool mode to test as a Battleground Weekend Event.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVPers deserve something new and that sounds like a fun mode
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can it start off with the announcer saying, "let's get ready to rummmmmmble" ?
    If so, then you have my sword/bow/axe/kazoo
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want new battleground maps :/
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true deathmatch in every sense of the word.

Death to all your enemies.

And everybody wants to be your enemy.

Sing along everyone,
    "and everybody wants to be.......My enemy!"
    Edited by jtm1018 on October 24, 2022 4:54AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's difficult to design a game mode in ESO like FFA deathmatch and make it enjoyable for everyone.
    • Tanks and healers can't get kills. They'll never win.
    • Players will get spawn camped and discouraged from playing.
    • Sorcs and Templars can sit back and steal kills.
    • Stam Sorcs will win the majority of FFA deathmatch games with high mobility and burst. They can streak in and out of fights while chasing down low health players. It's a winning formula, especially with Endless Fury and Gladiator set.
    FFA could be popular as a niche game mode for veteran players but not friendly for new and casual players.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 24, 2022 8:05PM
    PC NA
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    It's difficult to design a game mode in ESO like FFA deathmatch and make it enjoyable for everyone.
    • Stam Sorcs will win the majority of FFA deathmatch games with high mobility and burst. They can streak in and out of fights while chasing down low health players. It's a winning formula, especially with Endless Fury and Gladiator set.
    FFA could be popular as a niche game mode for veteran players but not friendly for new and casual players.

Tanks and Healers? I don't think this is valid because you're literally going into this match with the intent to fight and get kills. Playing as a tank or healer would be useless and a waste of time for yourself.

Players getting spawn camped and discouraged from playing? That happens in all game modes. Nothing new.

Still would be fun as a weekend event to test out.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely think a free for all deathmatch mode would be a nice addition. I think they focused way to much on the team v team v team aspect of BGs and missed an opportunity of not having this at launch of BGs.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Tanks and Healers? I don't think this is valid because you're literally going into this match with the intent to fight and get kills. Playing as a tank or healer would be useless and a waste of time for yourself.
    Why is excluding tanks and healers from FFA deathmatch an invalid point? They don't have a choice what game mode they get because it's Solo/Group Random. Let's pretend there's a dedicated FFA deathmatch queue. Tanks and healers are still excluded because like you said, it's useless and a waste of time. (unless they're trolling)
    Players getting spawn camped and discouraged from playing? That happens in all game modes. Nothing new.
    Sure but this happens way more in Team Deathmatch and a hypothetical FFA deathmatch than in objective game modes. Players generally don't get spawn camped in objective modes unless they acted particularly egregious towards another player (i.e. bagged)
    Still would be fun as a weekend event to test out.
    Agreed.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I definitely think a free for all deathmatch mode would be a nice addition. I think they focused way to much on the team v team v team aspect of BGs and missed an opportunity of not having this at launch of BGs.

I've wanted a 15 minute FFA brawl arena for a very long time. First player to 30 kills wins.
    PC NA
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Why is excluding tanks and healers from FFA deathmatch an invalid point? They don't have a choice what game mode they get because it's Solo/Group Random. Let's pretend there's a dedicated FFA deathmatch queue. Tanks and healers are still excluded because like you said, it's useless and a waste of time. (unless they're trolling)

Yeah the intent would be to have a dedicated queue for it. 100%.

In terms of Tanks and Healers are excluded - I am a PvP Healer main. I've healed for you Skara as well as against you, whenever we wind up in a BG together. I personally have no interest in playing as a Damage Dealer.

HOWEVER, if there was a Rumble game mode, of course I would put together a regular damage build and join in on the fun. Just because I live and die as a healer currently, doesn't mean I lack the capability to switch it up when the time arises. Again, I may not be good, but I will certainly do my best and try.

THAT is why I say "Tank and Healer mains" are invalid.
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭

Tanks and healers can't get kills. They'll never win. --> Separate que and no problem

Players will get spawn camped and discouraged from playing. --> Need clever map design and random spawn points, plus a small time invinvibility as you have in IC gate

Sorcs and Templars can sit back and steal kills. --> this is an overall balance problem, but based on every day experience not the Templar/Sorc are the 2 main OP class in Deathmatch

Stam Sorcs will win the majority of FFA deathmatch games with high mobility and burst. They can streak in and out of fights while chasing down low health players. It's a winning formula, especially with Endless Fury and Gladiator set. --> Maybe but this is another basic game design problem.