The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ZoS dont care about bugs at all?

blue_peaceful_Manticore
Some time ago, i report one player about this. He say to me :"I need your account id+password" for that. Nothing happen to him!

Today i try again, just to see what this one will say. And he reply:
wn5f7aq7h5uf.png

ZoS dont understand how this guys are killing the vTrials? And even worse, ZoS allow them to make bug abuse (teleport you inside while you are death and with that, you get the achivment), and ZoS do nothing about. lol!
[snip]

[edited for bait]
Edited by ZOS_Exile on October 19, 2022 3:09PM
  • ZOS_Exile
    ZOS_Exile
    admin
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided it best to move this thread to a more appropriate section

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    ZOS_Exile wrote: »
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided it best to move this thread to a more appropriate section

Thank you for your understanding

Until when dev team will allow this?
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This, to me, is unironically a feature rather than a bug.

The game is flexible. If the above didn't work, people would put you into near-unkillable tank gear, maybe with very high health regen, maybe assign a healer to you and give you minimal instruction. A few places (DSR for one) would require you to correctly participate in some mechanics, but you still wouldn't have earned your achievement.

Achievements don't give you anything and yield very little, if any, prestige in this game. Mostly people are looking for cosmetics, a personality, a skin, something like that. Armor sets are easily farmed on normal. Perfected versions, for which you might need a paid carry, add very little in the way of stats. Many crafted and overland sets are arguably as good as trial and dungeon sets. In other words, there is no "pay gold to win" in this game. Actually, a no death run doesn't give you anything that might be contentious at all, as far as I can see.

I've seen carries advertised in zone chat. I've been thinking of doing some myself, if I could get a group together, but I haven't done it yet. Didn't occur to me to check ZOS' terms and conditions. Should I? To me this is an interesting part of the game, e.g. that long-term players are able to in-game monetize their hard-earned combat experience and skill.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
    fred4 wrote: »
    This, to me, is unironically a feature rather than a bug."....
    ".... I've been thinking of doing some myself, if I could get a group together, but I haven't done it yet. ...."
    And this explain why you dont see problem in the bug. Achiv is "Dont die" and you see no problem for gething while you're death?! lol
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, to me, is unironically a feature rather than a bug.

Yeah, I never heard of this of this method, but it sounds to me more like people finding a way to sell no-death achievement carries, than a bug. The id/password was probably for a solo-related no-death achievement, and in this case it's pretty dangerous imo, but still not a bug.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, your post seems to have changed, since I first read it. I better understand where you're coming from. You think this is killing vTrials.

I doubt that. I think carries work both ways. For example, for me, the possibility of carrying someone and getting paid for it feels like a (mild) incentive to get my butt in gear and learn the content well enough to do that.

Secondly, I asked someone what a vDSR carry would cost during the recent event. 40M. That is out of reach of the majority of players (including me).

Thirdly, I think you either enjoy vTrials, or you don't. Does the person interested and capable of vTrials, but who would quit after a no death run, exist? I doubt that. I suspect the majority of people looking for carries are ones who have no ability nor ambition to ever complete that content in the first place. I've watched or tried some of the harder vTrials (that you might actually get paid for). vDSR. vCR+3. The coordination needed to get 12 people to where they can actually do that is pretty insane. You either enjoy that, or you don't.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    This, to me, is unironically a feature rather than a bug."....
    ".... I've been thinking of doing some myself, if I could get a group together, but I haven't done it yet. ...."
    And this explain why you dont see problem in the bug. Achiv is "Dont die" and you see no problem for gething while you're death?! lol
    Well, if you put it that way :).

It's just, who cares about achievements in this game? I saw a YouTube video of Asmongold doing a WoW "mount-off" once. Such a thing doesn't exist in ESO, because achievements mean so very little. Completionists do them, but when do you ever look at another person's achievements? People ask for achievement links to get into Craglorn vTrial PUGs. That's about the only time I've seen an actual use for them, but what player would look for the carry so they can get into more groups for that content as an active player?
    Options
    Many cares about achievements. Look in general how many topics you can find about that when ZoS make them char shared.

But.... if.... achievements is completed with bug, then np at all! lol
    Edited by blue_peaceful_Manticore on October 19, 2022 4:51PM
    Options
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen carries advertised in zone chat. I've been thinking of doing some myself, if I could get a group together, but I haven't done it yet. Didn't occur to me to check ZOS' terms and conditions. Should I? To me this is an interesting part of the game, e.g. that long-term players are able to in-game monetize their hard-earned combat experience and skill.

Carries are well within ToS. You are allowed to trade in-game currency (gold) for in-game items and services. A carry is both a service (someone completing group content with little-to-no input from your side; think Sherpas and mountain climbing) and a means to acquire in-game items in exchange for in-game currency (getting all the loot from the run rather than only what you loot). From a legality point of view, it is really no different from buying a vampire/werewolf bite from someone using gold.

If carry runs were against ToS, they wouldn't have been a thing for 3-4+ years now as well.

Carry runs with account sharing are a separate thing - they are against ToS, but only because account sharing is against ToS. That doesn't mean much, though, since it's one of those "it's not a crime until you're caught" situations and plenty of people have done carry runs this way before and will continue to.
    Options
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    You can't die if you're already dead, makes perfect sense, no bug here. ;)
    Options