The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

auto decline duels, even if the option is off

Meiox
Meiox
✭✭✭✭
Whenever someone tries to duel me, I see the message 'duel declined' and no prompt to accept it.
But I have the option for 'auto decline duels' disabled, what can that be?
It only happen on my XBox account
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure but it could possibly be multiple things

one i could think of would be if they were spamming duel invites to a clump of people, the first one to accept would start the duel and cancel the rest since you can only be in 1 active duel at a time

if you didnt see a duel start near you when you tried to hit it, i am not sure then unless they just move far enough away that it auto declined
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭

one i could think of would be if they were spamming duel invites to a clump of people, the first one to accept would start the duel and cancel the rest since you can only be in 1 active duel at a time

if you didnt see a duel start near you when you tried to hit it, i am not sure then unless they just move far enough away that it auto declined

Thx for the answer. If he spammed duel invites should I not get at least a prompt for accepting the duel before I get the massage that it has be declined?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »

Thx for the answer. If he spammed duel invites should I not get at least a prompt for accepting the duel before I get the massage that it has be declined?

i mean it could have been any number of things lol

if there was nobody around, the request could have for some reason been hidden by something and only shown in the notification menu and without noticing would have timed out (also considered a decline)

if the decline message popped up right away when they ran over to you, could be a bug, or the prompt could have been hidden (ready checks are really buggy and dont always display or can be covered up by synergies for example, or would have been forced to the notification menu if the game thought you were stuck in combat)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014