Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mythic Excavation (Weird Bug)

Sorethumbed
Sorethumbed
Soul Shriven
Oakensoul Ring Weird one.
I had all 5 leads scryed. Proceeded to excavate them. All 5 successful and got the text. BUT.... Didn't get ring. When I look at Leads and Ring Progress, the 5 Leads all show as found in the Zones (1 as its the first time I looked for these). When I look at the page for the ring it shows 4/5 found. Go back to the Zone page to see if the lead is still there for excavation - nope. Am I screwed or will I still be able to refind the lead. Of course it's the worst one to have to redo, the strongboxes in Murkmire. Playing on Xbox Series X.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 17, 2022 8:54PM

Best Answers

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you positive you didnt accidentally scry and dig up the lead for another mythic? the default UI isnt the best on that and all of the high isle mythics are dug up in high isle, so theres like 15 mythic leads that have the scry zone as high isle

not saying that is for sure the case, but might be something to check
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
    Answer ✓
  • Sorethumbed
    Sorethumbed
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks - You were absolutely correct. It LOOKED like I hadn't found the ring when in fact I had.. Thanks for that. From now on I'll scry each lead as I find it. Then there will be no confusion (or at least less :) )

Thx for taking the time to reply
    Answer ✓
This discussion has been closed.