The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are the current Caps in the game?

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
Penetration, resistances, critical.
I cannot find any info for soft or hard caps.
Not played for years so many things have changed.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find PvE bosses sit on 18'200 resistances, so this is the target for penetration.
    A Tank brings around 11'200 through major and minor breach, and crusher enchantment.
    This means you want to find approximately 7k for most situations - however in organised Trials it drops to almost nothing.

33'200 Resistance is 50%, this is a hard cap.

Critical chance has a hard cap of 100% I believe, because I don't think there are ways for the enemy to reduce this number.
    Critical damage is hard capped at 125%.

Obviously in PvP their penetration will reduce your resistances, so if you ran 50k resistances somehow, you might have 50% damage reduction against all but a very slim minority who somehow get 20k penetration (I don't recommend it, just pointing out the feasability).
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »
    You'll find PvE bosses sit on 18'200 resistances, so this is the target for penetration.
    A Tank brings around 11'200 through major and minor breach, and crusher enchantment.
    This means you want to find approximately 7k for most situations - however in organised Trials it drops to almost nothing.

33'200 Resistance is 50%, this is a hard cap.

Critical chance has a hard cap of 100% I believe, because I don't think there are ways for the enemy to reduce this number.
    Critical damage is hard capped at 125%.

Obviously in PvP their penetration will reduce your resistances, so if you ran 50k resistances somehow, you might have 50% damage reduction against all but a very slim minority who somehow get 20k penetration (I don't recommend it, just pointing out the feasability).

Thanks bro, really solid info.
    I don't know why I could not seem to find any reliable source for these numbers on even build sites and "famous" ESO players like deltia or alcast
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another cap that is not often mentioned is speed/block mitigation

block mitigation caps at around 90-95%

speed cap unmounted is 200% (100% base + 100% from other sources)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014