The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MacBook Pro Intel Iris Pro - Confirmation Please

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
If anyone has a MacBook Pro 15 inch (late 2013) with the Intel Iris Pro graphics card (Not the Nvidia option, or can run it with Iris pro only) and has played the launch version on Mac ESO, can they post here please to confirm. I'm trying to confirm that the graphics issue was resolved on these cards.

Thanks.
  • veluccia
    veluccia
    That is the model I have and I have just been told by Customer Support that ESO does not support this model. I am appalled to be told after the fact, when none of the system requirement mentioned this pre-purchase. I bought this new laptop specifically to have more power and better graphics, and here I'm told that the newest MMO to come out can't work with that.

I can confirm these issues:

1) I cannot save any settings or use any addons
    2) after several hours of gameplay, my display starts to look like the attached screenshot.
    3) I cannot report bugs ingame, or report other players without an instant crash.
    kazrqx8o79ae.jpg
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    If anyone has a MacBook Pro 15 inch (late 2013) with the Intel Iris Pro graphics card (Not the Nvidia option, or can run it with Iris pro only) and has played the launch version on Mac ESO, can they post here please to confirm. I'm trying to confirm that the graphics issue was resolved on these cards.

Thanks.
    Yes, it was fixed. There is a bug in the Apple drivers with OpenGL and a fix was put in place for the Mac client for launch a while ago.

On the other post, there is a side effect of a change in the latest patch 1.1.2 which was put in to try to help the memory crash issue, which it does. But it also lowers textures quite aggressively and may cause washed out graphics and darker colours like in the image above close to running out of memory. Also the bug that caused the resolution to not change.

Both those should be addressed in the next update next week hopefully. It was noted in several other threads here already.

In short Customer Services were completely wrong to state that if they did as it was fixed at launch nearly two months ago.
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Moonraker‌ and @veluccia‌. We wanted to give you a few quick updates in regard to these issues.
    • As Moonraker has helpfully stated, the GPU bugs should have been sorted out in a previous patch.
    • We've identified the source of the blurry textures issue you're experiencing now, and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Additionally, we have opened tickets with our Customer Support team in regard to your /bug and add-ons issues, so that this can be investigated. Thank you both for your patience, and for the information you've provided so far in this thread!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Moonraker‌ and @veluccia‌. We wanted to give you a few quick updates in regard to these issues.
    • As Moonraker has helpfully stated, the GPU bugs should have been sorted out in a previous patch.
    • We've identified the source of the blurry textures issue you're experiencing now, and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Additionally, we have opened tickets with our Customer Support team in regard to your /bug and add-ons issues, so that this can be investigated. Thank you both for your patience, and for the information you've provided so far in this thread!
    Happy to help as I can. Thanks for the detailed update @ZOS_Michelle.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having similar issues with the latest patch:

- Sometimes very low quality textures on everything
    - Occasionally the "dark area" of a view will get really dark, and then it's like the darkness spreads, eventually everything is too dark to see anything and I have to do a full quit/relaunch to fix it (just relogging doesn't fix)
    - I've noticed this most in Cyrodiil but it could be happening elsewhere - markers for group members and alliance plates get really blurry, also only fixed by full quit/relaunch

All of these just started happening with the most recent updates, early last week.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Occasionally the "dark area" of a view will get really dark, and then it's like the darkness spreads, eventually everything is too dark to see anything and I have to do a full quit/relaunch to fix it (just relogging doesn't fix)
    - I've noticed this most in Cyrodiil but it could be happening elsewhere - markers for group members and alliance plates get really blurry, also only fixed by full quit/relaunch

All of these just started happening with the most recent updates, early last week.
    Hi there, @kirnmalidus‌. Are you still experiencing these, as of 1.1.3?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

Looks like it has resolved the blurry textures from another post (I haven't had time to properly test long enough to get it on my iMac yet). Hopefully for you also in 1.1.3 which is now updated on both Megaservers.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

I only played a bit last night. I didn't run into any of the issues I listed above though. I'll keep an eye on it and update this thread in a couple of days.

I barely went to Cyrodiil at all, and wasn't grouped at all, and that is when I ran into the last bug the most so I wouldn't have noticed that one last night.

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to follow up and mention that none of these issues have really happened since patch 1.1.3.

One thing that has been happening, which is similar to the last issue but slightly different – since 1.1.4 sometimes enemies in Cyrodiil have no alliance marker plate at all. It's not there but blurry, it is completely absent.

Not sure if this is the result of a user exploit/hack or what but it makes Cyrodiil basically unplayable. A large group of us was basically ambushed once because we couldn't tell whether the approaching zerg was friendly or enemy. Not cool.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to follow up and mention that none of these issues have really happened since patch 1.1.3.

One thing that has been happening, which is similar to the last issue but slightly different – since 1.1.4 sometimes enemies in Cyrodiil have no alliance marker plate at all. It's not there but blurry, it is completely absent.

Not sure if this is the result of a user exploit/hack or what but it makes Cyrodiil basically unplayable. A large group of us was basically ambushed once because we couldn't tell whether the approaching zerg was friendly or enemy. Not cool.
    Doesn't sound like a Mac issue. More some server side glitch. There is an option to switch this on and off I believe? But probably just some issue introduced in the changes.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »

Doesn't sound like a Mac issue. More some server side glitch. There is an option to switch this on and off I believe? But probably just some issue introduced in the changes.

Yes it was server side as others in my group experienced it too (not on macs), and it was not the option toggle – some enemies had the alliance plate but most didn't. I have it set to show for enemies and allies. Honestly I'm inclined to think it was a hack, as it was just one group of Pact fighters. Other pact enemies not with the group still had the plate.

- @ruze84b14_ESO