Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ppl purposefully stalling ToT for grief play

Lunatearz
Lunatearz
✭✭
If i make a recording of a ToT game where you can see clearly someone is stalling the game for no apparent reason will support here do something about this? They arent playign their cards but just stalling time. Not buying cards from the tavern either or exchanging cards. They been doing this number of times now. I have allready reported it.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if I am just very slow and need to think a lot? I'm not entiled to play ToT?
    If the game says I have X time to play a card then what are you reporting people for? Are they using a cheat to extend that time?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lunatearz

You can find instructions on reporting players on Xbox in the link below. Our support team will then investigate further.

How do I report a player on console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lunatearz wrote: »
    If i make a recording of a ToT game where you can see clearly someone is stalling the game for no apparent reason .

Unless you are a mind reader you do not know anyone's thinking.

I do not play enough to be familiar with the "other" decks; and many cards from the base decks. So I spend a LOT of time scrolling over the cards checking to see what they do.

You can't see that.

Try a little compassion.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    What if I am just very slow and need to think a lot? I'm not entiled to play ToT?
    If the game says I have X time to play a card then what are you reporting people for? Are they using a cheat to extend that time?

that's why I said when it is OBVIOUS someone is stalling on purpose. When you are thinking about your play you are not stalling purposefully just to stall. When something comes up IRL and you are distracted for whatever reason it's not purposefully stalling.

Can I see this? NOPE, I got no camera in the other person's house but the gameplay, patterns and repeatedly playing against the same persons can give you a little bit of knowledge on how a person plays.

When you refuse to end your turn or simply don't even play your cards and let time run out ONLY when you are losing you are stalling purposefully.

Is it so hard to accept that sometimes you can recognize this?
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    If i make a recording of a ToT game where you can see clearly someone is stalling the game for no apparent reason .

Unless you are a mind reader you do not know anyone's thinking.

I do not play enough to be familiar with the "other" decks; and many cards from the base decks. So I spend a LOT of time scrolling over the cards checking to see what they do.

You can't see that.

Try a little compassion.

I have no compassion for sore losers lol sorry
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Lunatearz

You can find instructions on reporting players on Xbox in the link below. Our support team will then investigate further.

How do I report a player on console?

you cant access that menu and report while in ToT when you are on Xbox. IDK how that is for PC tho is that maybe something that could be added? I have reported them numerous times on Xbox menu but idk if that is forwarded to you guys..
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i make a recording of a ToT game where you can see clearly someone is stalling the game for no apparent reason will support here do something about this? They arent playign their cards but just stalling time. Not buying cards from the tavern either or exchanging cards. They been doing this number of times now. I have allready reported it.

I expect the video would not present why they are using up all or most of the time for their turn. Yes, we can make assumptions, and yes, there are probably some players that do use this as a tactic. I am only saying the video can only see they are not making moves.

Zenimax should look for a way to make the time for turns reactive to a player's actions. There is some middle ground.
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I expect the video would not present why they are using up all or most of the time for their turn. Yes, we can make assumptions, and yes, there are probably some players that do use this as a tactic. I am only saying the video can only see they are not making moves.

Zenimax should look for a way to make the time for turns reactive to a player's actions. There is some middle ground.

I'm currently in a match with this person and its taking forever!! man... that game was at least 40 minutes which was not needed at all. I literally just don't want to queue up again cause I dont want to match against that person anymore.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I'm currently in a match with this person and its taking forever!! man... that game was at least 40 minutes which was not needed at all. I literally just don't want to queue up again cause I dont want to match against that person anymore.

I was not suggesting there was not a problem with the design. I thought I made that clear when I commented Zenimax should look for a way to find a middle ground on turn times.

• Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    I agree that an interactive timer would be handy :) I also have suggested that if you block someone you don't go up against them again and a report button in ToT in the console game.

If you make the usernames invisible for the players in ToT but add a report button that makes the player names ONLY visible for whoever handles the reports then it can't be abused. If more people report this person for the same reason, something can be done about it sooner. This person could be monitored and warned.

right now ToT is for me getting less and less attractive.
    Edited by Lunatearz on October 22, 2022 5:53PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Again I ask how would you have any way to know?

Is there a mechanism to tell me when the other player is scrolling over the cards to see what does what? NO.

Is there a mechanism to tell me if the other player is distracted, confused, thinking slowly, answering the doorbell or baby cry or (in my case) letting the pups out or in.
    NO.

I don't play "speed" TOT, and I don't own any of the non-starter decks, so yeah I'm going to scroll over cards of other decks and do my best to win "anyway".

I also don't give up just because it looks horrible. Oddly I've pulled at least two games out of certain defeat just by the other player getting badly bitten by the tavern.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭

Again I ask how would you have any way to know?

Is there a mechanism to tell me when the other player is scrolling over the cards to see what does what? NO.
    Is there a mechanism to tell me if the other player is distracted, confused, thinking slowly, answering the doorbell or baby cry or (in my case) letting the pups out or in.

NO.

I don't play "speed" TOT, and I don't own any of the non-starter decks, so yeah I'm going to scroll over cards of other decks and do my best to win "anyway".

I also don't give up just because it looks horrible. Oddly I've pulled at least two games out of certain defeat just by the other player getting badly bitten by the tavern.

Sorry man, I'm not here to argue. I said what I said no need to repeat it.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am here to understand better.

What I understood you to say is that any opponent who does not play at the speed which which you are comfortable must be

1-Going slow "on purpose" (with no other goal but to stall the game)

2-Despite the fact that you have no way to verify what things they are doing in game (such as scanning cards and figuring strategy) or out of game (answering doorbells, checking on the pasta, taking a phone call) you are sure that the ONLY reason for slow play on an opponent's part is "stalling for no apparent reason" (although earlier in your post you affirm there is a reason - to stall the game).

This is what it seems to me you are saying.
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭

I am here to understand better.

What I understood you to say is that any opponent who does not play at the speed which which you are comfortable must be

1-Going slow "on purpose" (with no other goal but to stall the game)

2-Despite the fact that you have no way to verify what things they are doing in game (such as scanning cards and figuring strategy) or out of game (answering doorbells, checking on the pasta, taking a phone call) you are sure that the ONLY reason for slow play on an opponent's part is "stalling for no apparent reason" (although earlier in your post you affirm there is a reason - to stall the game).

This is what it seems to me you are saying.

okay, you must be right then and I have no understanding of how real life works.

btw no one said anything about "a comfortable speed"

You probably don't understand it cause you weren't in my games and matches with this person :)

But my question was answered that's what i came for :)
    Edited by Lunatearz on October 25, 2022 3:25PM