Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What kind of potions do pve players buy now?

endgamesmug
endgamesmug
✭✭✭✭
I asked this question in a guild im in and got no answer, ive noticed that people have been commenting on that potions arent hybrid yet. I have made any up to sell for quite sometime, it always used to be a winner making spellpower pots but that doesnt seem likely anymore. At one stage i thought about selling minor hero pots but there were never any in the traders so i figured that wasnt the way to go, which kind of suprised me at the time because the only raid streamer i would watch used them constantly for their competitive runs. Anyway hopefully someone has their finger on the pulse and has some advice thankyou in advance

Best Answers

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Power are still popular for magicka builds/healers. Heroism aren't in the traders because they're bought immediately in most cases for end-game raiding. Tri-pots are popular too for all builds. There are just more options now.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell power for pugs. Tripots for organised 4man heroism for sweaty stuff
    Answer ✓
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spell/Weapon power pots are always going to be the most used by DPS, as they still need max spell or weapon damage+Major Prophecy/Savagery as they still are either mag+spell damage or stam+weapon damage. Almost all damage skills now scale off your highest offensive stats aka highest resource and damage. Some of the classes can manage without the buffs these potions give and go with more niche potions, but others, like sorcerer, can't really use niche potions.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Answer ✓
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes it hard to judge what to sell my minor hero pots for though, i normally browse through a few traders just to get an idea on what to sell them for. And by the sounds of what you guys are saying there arent enough in the market to meet demand, i could help with that hopefully 😁
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell/Weapon power pots are always going to be the most used by DPS, as they still need max spell or weapon damage+Major Prophecy/Savagery as they still are either mag+spell damage or stam+weapon damage. Almost all damage skills now scale off your highest offensive stats aka highest resource and damage. Some of the classes can manage without the buffs these potions give and go with more niche potions, but others, like sorcerer, can't really use niche potions.

I tried looking in ttc and a guy was selling mag and stam recovery in one pot maybe he was trying to address this hybrid issue. The examples in ttc seem a bit out there, doesnt seem reliable as a price guide in this case atleast.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not spell critical?

PS5/NA