The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread, "Slay Horrors & Earn Spooky Rewards during the Witches Festival"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
vkllsuet54kk.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Slay Tamriel’s Horrors & Earn Spooky Rewards during the Witches Festival In-game Event"

"Slay Tamriel’s foulest beasts, celebrate the spooky season, and claim special in-game rewards during the Witches Festival event! Boo!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 2, 2022 5:51PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you proof read anything? 1st paragraph....

The Witches Festival in-game event begins next Thursday, October 20 at 10AM EDT, and runs until Wednesday, November 2 at 10AM EDT. During this spoopy spectacle, you can acquire unique event-specific rewards including Plunder Skulls, boosts to XP gains, Event Tickets, and more!
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this 7 days in advance, so that some of us can plan for guild activities and such!

Glad to see there are new style pages and runebox. Those of us who played during previous Witches Festivals have collected the Dremora motif pages.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

The Witches Festival in-game event begins next Thursday, October 20 at 10AM EDT, and runs until Wednesday, November 2 at 10AM EDT. During this spoopy spectacle, you can acquire unique event-specific rewards including Plunder Skulls, boosts to XP gains, Event Tickets, and more!
    "spoopy" is the new cool way to say spooky, like people who say birb instead of bird or dogge instead of dog.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @FluffWit "Spoopy" is an internet meme of sorts. So it is not spelled incorrectly and is being used correctly.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

Pretty sure that is an intentional "typo" as a result of a previous years mistake that they found funny and ran with it.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @FluffWit "Spoopy" is an internet meme of sorts. So it is not spelled incorrectly and is being used correctly.

I was coming to check that, I like spoopy :)

Soupy twist
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Witches Festival in-game event begins next Thursday, October 20 at 10AM EDT, and runs until Wednesday, November 2 at 10AM EDT."
    "Throughout the Witches Festival event, you can earn two Event Tickets from the first boss you defeat each day, allowing you to earn up to 26 tickets total. "
    Are you sure? My math says that is 14days of tickets for 28 max tickets (I appreciate the extra day, BTW)
    20,21,22,23,24,25,26, 27,28,29,30,31,1,2
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok sorry my bad.
    Edited by FluffWit on October 13, 2022 5:51PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @PeacefulAnarchy you are correct there. It should be 28 max ticket. Thank you for pointing that out. We are going to update the article shortly.
    Staff Post
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    While you're at it, you probably want to delineate "final dungeon bosses" as "final trial bosses, final group dungeon bosses" unless you're combining the Helmets and Maces drop with the Chests and Swords drop.
    Edited by MinuitPro on October 13, 2022 6:16PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZxaSrLT.jpg
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    So the event runs until Nov 2, which is also the same day firesong goes live. Are we going to get the event until 10am, then servers go down?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @RiverBrian Firesong comes out on Nov. 1. So the event will still be active until the following day, Nov. 2.

But we will have downtime on launch so plan accordingly for that day.
    Staff Post
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One week away!
    Am excite.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time for one of the best events! So excited for that, and the Hollowjack crates!!
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Swift_Reason
    Swift_Reason
    Soul Shriven
    I like any event which offers 100% XP bonus. Gotta continue that CP grind.
    Heroic Templar
    Tamriel Real Estate Mogul
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual-mount dwarven spider when?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no house this year to save tickets for?
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by SpiritKitten on October 15, 2022 8:50PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RiverBrian Firesong comes out on Nov. 1. So the event will still be active until the following day, Nov. 2.

But we will have downtime on launch so plan accordingly for that day.

I.E. run your dailies just after they reset! That is 1 am now for me. (I think this is before the daylight savings time switch.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • vivimo
    vivimo
    Soul Shriven
    This will be my first halloween event. Hoping to get some that cool stuff! 100% exp will be nice for alts!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware it became a "meme" last year or even 2 years ago during previous Witches Festival event. A funny typo became a funny meme :joy: .

^ This was at least my 1st encounter with the "spoopy" meme.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 18, 2022 11:58AM
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    With all respect, as eso is a global ranged game, more than 50% of players, probably don't know about " spoopy" joke. Whatever, is always better to write things clearly.
    Edited by Akasha_Mei on October 18, 2022 1:03PM
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Tommy_The_Gun That's fair. I've seen some other game's Halloween events also use "spoopy" over the last few years also. So we're not the only one with typos!

@Akasha_Mei It's okay if some don't get the "spoopy" joke. It doesn't detract from understanding the core context of the article. And who am I to ruin our writers having a little fun when writing about one of their favorite events? They don't always get to insert community jokes/ memes. So when they have the opportunity, they take it.
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vivimo wrote: »
    This will be my first halloween event. Hoping to get some that cool stuff! 100% exp will be nice for alts!

Towards the end of the event, log to all Alts and summon the Cauldron. No matter how long you park those alts, the bonus 2 hours of exp boost will stay. Once you start playing them again, it will use up the timer.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin I wonder if you'd be kind enough to confirm the cooldown for Plunder Skull drops? I seem to remember it has changed once or twice?

I for one am very glad to see the return of the Witches Festival - one of my favourite events of the year and one of the most accessible for players of all abilities.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty neat that the Impressario will have themed furnishings, I hope I'll have some left-over tickets to get a couple.
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Dual-mount dwarven spider when?

Yes! Waiting for this. Though it was coming during Hero's of High Isle for some reason (maybe I misread).
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin

The official article talks about obtaining the Plucking the Crow quest from the Witchmother Taerma at any of the Impresario tents in Tamriel. I didn't verify all locations but I didn't see the quest offered at the Impresario tent in Belkarth.

Is this a bug?
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @BenevolentBowd. Thanks for noting this. We checked in with the dev team and they have verified that this is an issue. Impresario tent in Belkarth does not have Witchmother Taerma. We have this on our list of issues to fix. This should be the only place where the quest is not attainable, but if any other places pop up, please let us know.
    Staff Post