Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild house issues.

HelixUnited
HelixUnited
✭✭✭
I love this game Devs, But we all know the time is coming when our guild house is going to be nothing but craft stations, with every new dlc come's 3 new sets which is great but that adds another 16 stations to our houses and some people like to make guild houses look nice so that means taking out stuff to fit in more and more stations, plus its got to be a very heavy load loading in all these sets in one location, and i know having just one crafting station attuned to all isn't a good idea as people would just put them into small homes so what about stuff like in our beloved game skyrim...
Large craft stations attuned to all in the game, that ONLY fit in large houses, when new sets come out you pick up you craft sets take them over attune them done, for those who have the 100s of stations now they can if wanted take them to the writ merchant for X writs back
I know this has been talked about before but i think now is the time to really look at crafting houses due to the amount of sets in the game, we want to make guild houses look nice as well as be practical we dont want to choose between the to please Zos dont make us and consider making 1 station even large ones like below make them take up 10 slots or even 20 each its still better than the current 300 plus right now.

download-3.jpg

download-2.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 14, 2022 2:22AM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each patch they have a topic/section where you can write feedback about housing.

Here's the one for U36
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617953/
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread would be about the real guild house issue. That we do not have guild houses. I think Zenimax should create guild manors to solve this problem finally.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I thought this thread would be about the real guild house issue. That we do not have guild houses. I think Zenimax should create guild manors to solve this problem finally.

EQ in their Dragons of Norrath expansion released very simplistic guild halls (keep in mind this is 2005)

They looked like this:

ofr8hyga1i3z.png
    with both guild bankers and bankers across from eachother

guildhall-healing.jpg
    They had a place to buy standard supplies and pools to replenish your resources (the resource stations we have now satisfy that same need, but an Ayelid Well might be a nice touch)

r7y4kxds58za.png
    They had a vendor you could buy a crystal from, then hand him that crystal and a portal to that place would be opened for anyone to use if they step on the pad

uq8611xxt95x.png
    Tribute master next to the guild bankers, where you could hand in items and gear for alternate currency (I believe this was the system anyways, I forget)

hu5g4conm6wo.png
    Station to augment your gear with their augmentation system

blomlhh4f8jv.png
    crafting area

I'm definitely not opposed to each guild having a free guild hall, but I do wonder about the crafting station dilemma. I might be more in favor if there instead existed a vendor that you needed to buy an additional set/trait item from in order to use this particular station, this would satisfy people who have invested untold sums of money in tables as well as people who want to save space, and could create a gold sink as well as justify a price increase for crafters on set items (the people who already have tables wouldn't need to pay for this consumable item, only people who use the condensed table- resulting in more potential profit for them if they own attunable tables as they wouldn't need to pay for the consumable).

Would also be nice to have a portal master/vendor. Even if it costs 1k gold and was only up for a couple minutes (in EQ it was a scaling cost depending on the zone, and would persist so long as the guild hall instance didn't reset which was typically 5-30 minutes if no one was there), it would make organizing guild events better than this 10 second stand still and look at stars wayshrine bs as well as reaching new areas on alts less painful.

But as far as the people wanting to decorate their guild hall and have a billion crafting stations... this is the equivalent of ESO first world problems. In about 7 or 8 years we'll be closer to the cap and having more issues, so rest assured that sometime between now and then they'll have a solution. No need to stress, just enjoy the game.
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 13, 2022 5:45PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone had this idea a while back and it's really the only fair way to do it....

You'd basically have to feed the individual attuneables into a new universal station. So you'd still have to buy them all individually but you would get the benefit of getting the slots back.

Reason being so you're not screwing over everyone who went to the time, effort and expense of buying the old attuneables.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also just put the tables into a new category with a new furnishing limit for them, that's the lazy solution. The tables are pretty low-poly compared to most of the newer furnishings and since they are generally one of four models then it's a lot easier on your system to load since they are only 4 unique models.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are thousands of furnishings in the game, and yet homes used for guild halls have to waste so many slots and so much space with what amounts to an eye sore. There has to be a better way to go about the crafting system that doesn't require having gobs of the same crafting tables wasting space. Just give access to all "attuned" sets available from the same crafting tables and maybe create a voucher that you can use by visiting the stations out in the wild that you would then combine with the tables placed within your home to add it to sets available. Then you would just purchase vouchers from the master writ vendor at the same cost, instead of yet more tables...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has come up in the past. Don't worry it will get ignored again.
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on October 13, 2022 7:37PM
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or pay for ESO+ and have all the crafting stations and decoration you want :shrug:
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    How does a guild house differ from a house a player provides to others? There is none to be precise. A guild house is basically, more often than not, just the guild-leaders home which s/he grants permission to every member of the guild to enter.

I don't see the need and also don't want special crafting houses. I'm more in favor of providing some kind of master tables where you can attune those attuned tables to and unlock that way an option to craft that set on that master table. Whether that table is then put in a tiny home or not, who cares actually. But seeing that currently almost 300 items (if not more due to uneven ground and what not) are occupied by crafting tables limits the possibilities of styling your home appropriately. There is further not much apart from crafting and damage-dummies players can really use houses for. Sure, there are always those really highly motivated players that put up plays or jumping parcourts in those houses, though most houses don't do such things.

A guild house should be a community place for all guild members. Limiting the number to 24 concurrent players when the guild has 500 members feels a bit odd. IMO ESO clearly lacks on the Guild game play. I.e. Why not let us specialize guilds by allowing them to level up, distribute "guild-points" to certain areas and unlock certain things their members can do in those halls. I.e. Allow PvP-Guilds raid other PvP-Guilds home, build defense structures and what not. Guilds focusing on trading on the other hand earn a privilege to sell certain, specialized items on top of the standard ones. I.e. by default you can offer 30 items via the guild trader. If a guild specializes in selling crafting motives they can offer some additional crafting motives on top of those 30 standard items or the like. PvE-Guilds on the other hand unlock boons for their gameplay and what not that though only apply if enough members of that guild play together and only benefit the members of the guild. I.e. like ressing all of the dead guild-mates at once or what not.

There should be more incentive to play together as a guild, foster the community aspect of a guild and such things. And this should reflect in a guild hall as well, IMO.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Or pay for ESO+ and have all the crafting stations and decoration you want :shrug:

This is not how it works
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    They could also just put the tables into a new category with a new furnishing limit for them, that's the lazy solution. The tables are pretty low-poly compared to most of the newer furnishings and since they are generally one of four models then it's a lot easier on your system to load since they are only 4 unique models.
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Someone had this idea a while back and it's really the only fair way to do it....

You'd basically have to feed the individual attuneables into a new universal station. So you'd still have to buy them all individually but you would get the benefit of getting the slots back.

Reason being so you're not screwing over everyone who went to the time, effort and expense of buying the old attuneables.

either of these 2 ideas would work also, i know most say its not a issue but I know plenty of people who have bought large houses and then blocked of large areas because its just impossible to fill them.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    Kessra wrote: »
    How does a guild house differ from a house a player provides to others? There is none to be precise. A guild house is basically, more often than not, just the guild-leaders home which s/he grants permission to every member of the guild to enter.

I don't see the need and also don't want special crafting houses. I'm more in favor of providing some kind of master tables where you can attune those attuned tables to and unlock that way an option to craft that set on that master table. Whether that table is then put in a tiny home or not, who cares actually. But seeing that currently almost 300 items (if not more due to uneven ground and what not) are occupied by crafting tables limits the possibilities of styling your home appropriately. There is further not much apart from crafting and damage-dummies players can really use houses for. Sure, there are always those really highly motivated players that put up plays or jumping parcourts in those houses, though most houses don't do such things.

A guild house should be a community place for all guild members. Limiting the number to 24 concurrent players when the guild has 500 members feels a bit odd. IMO ESO clearly lacks on the Guild game play. I.e. Why not let us specialize guilds by allowing them to level up, distribute "guild-points" to certain areas and unlock certain things their members can do in those halls. I.e. Allow PvP-Guilds raid other PvP-Guilds home, build defense structures and what not. Guilds focusing on trading on the other hand earn a privilege to sell certain, specialized items on top of the standard ones. I.e. by default you can offer 30 items via the guild trader. If a guild specializes in selling crafting motives they can offer some additional crafting motives on top of those 30 standard items or the like. PvE-Guilds on the other hand unlock boons for their gameplay and what not that though only apply if enough members of that guild play together and only benefit the members of the guild. I.e. like ressing all of the dead guild-mates at once or what not.

There should be more incentive to play together as a guild, foster the community aspect of a guild and such things. And this should reflect in a guild hall as well, IMO.

Player limit in the large houses is a issue and does need looking into i think but i was leaving that for another topic.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood why players "need" every crafting table in the game all in one place.
    PCNA
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why players "need" every crafting table in the game all in one place.

convenience?
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you've ever crafted multiple master writs at a time you'd understand. I can do 70+ in one sitting without leaving my house and then go turn them all in. If I had to hunt for different houses or go to the crafting stations in the world then I just wouldn't do master writs and that would be a huge bummer. Getting all the tables for my house was an achievement for me, I appreciate their convenience.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

sorry i dont make posts that often didnt see the housing category thank you for moving it to the right one for me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you've ever crafted multiple master writs at a time you'd understand. I can do 70+ in one sitting without leaving my house and then go turn them all in. If I had to hunt for different houses or go to the crafting stations in the world then I just wouldn't do master writs and that would be a huge bummer. Getting all the tables for my house was an achievement for me, I appreciate their convenience.

How can you do that when you are only able to have one of each type of master writ active at a time? For example, if you have an Alchemy writ you have to complete and turn it in before you can start another. So how do you do 70 without leaving your house?
    Edited by SilverBride on October 14, 2022 4:20PM
    PCNA
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How can you do that when you are only able to have one of each type of master writ active at a time? For example, if you have an Alchemy writ you have to complete and turn it in before you can start another. So how do you do 70 without leaving your house?

You can pre-craft as many as you want, as long as you have the item in your inventory when you use the master writ then it'll satisfy the quest. So what you do is pre-craft all of them then go stand in front of Rollis and open, turn in, open, turn in, until all writs are gone. It's the only efficient way to buy big ticket items.

If on PC then you can do it even easier and use Writworthy or a few other ones that'll help you craft the ones in your inventory as long as you are at the correct station.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pre-craft as many as you want, as long as you have the item in your inventory when you use the master writ then it'll satisfy the quest. So what you do is pre-craft all of them then go stand in front of Rollis and open, turn in, open, turn in, until all writs are gone. It's the only efficient way to buy big ticket items.

If on PC then you can do it even easier and use Writworthy or a few other ones that'll help you craft the ones in your inventory as long as you are at the correct station.

So you need to know exactly which mats every writ requires and how many of each you need, then craft a large amount at once. That sounds like more work than I'd like to do, but I can see how it would be helpful in that case. At least I understand the appeal more now.

I only do consumable master writs anyway, so no need for the stations.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 14, 2022 4:35PM
    PCNA
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you need to know exactly which mats every writ requires and how many of each you need, then craft a large amount at once. That sounds like more work than I'd like to do, but I can see how it would be helpful in that case. At least I understand the appeal more now.

It's really no work at all. Say I want to do 50 blacksmithing writs that have been piling up. My craft bag has a few thousand rubedite bars at all times just because they aren't worth selling. I queue them all up in writworthy which puts a marker above each station I need to go to, I check the list for any style materials I might not have (I have a few hundred of each but sometimes run low on ancestral stuff) so I can tick a checkbox to use a crown mimic stone instead for that item, then I just go to each station with a marker above it and when I'm done I port to Rollis. I can do about 200 master writs in an hour this way, then spend them gambling furniture documents that I can sell over the next few weeks to keep my traders full.

If I didn't have the craft bag or didn't save style materials for just this purpose then I could see it being a pain, but other than nirnhoned writs (which I sometimes filter out) then there's nothing I don't have the mats for. To be clear I don't do legendary item writs because their material to voucher ratio is *usually* too high (there are exceptions).
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't require any effort. When the necessary addons are installed, the necessary stations are highlighted. When you come to the right table, the product is prepared automatically. I don't accumulate many master orders, I complete 20-30 at a time. It takes a few minutes.
    Edited by LikiLoki on October 15, 2022 9:46AM
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    I’d love to have those addons.
    From a guy who has 250+ writs to craft on console this weekend.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

The fact that ESO doesn't have proper housing for guilds blows my mind haha GW2 has their guild halls, Albion Online has guild islands, in FFXIV you can make it so an entire free company (guild) owns a house rather than a single player.... why Zenimax can't or doesn't see the need to come up with such a thing will never make sense to me. Like people keep saying how ESO is going "more casual".... and well, if that's the case then it's time for some RPG QoL updates like proper guild housing that would offer some different features than a normal player house would. And maybe make it so players who log out there stay there.... that's a personal pet peeve of mine with the current housing haha
    Also for the set stations; I still can't figure out why they just don't make a new station that can turn all the sets into one. Like if you really think about it, we have a system like that for actual dropped sets now via the transmute station.... why not do a similar thing for the crafted ones???? Could still add some sort of requirement to unlock the new crafted sets, it would just help with furnishing slots.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it would be great to have guild houses but there may be reasons preventing them from being implemented. For example, how would ownership be determined?

The GM would be the logical choice, but what if they leave the guild and another member becomes GM? Does ownership automatically transfer over? If it doesn't then someone who isn't even in the guild any more still owns the house.

What if the guild disbands? Does the house no longer belong to anyone? What about all the items that were left inside?
    PCNA
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it would be great to have guild houses but there may be reasons preventing them from being implemented. For example, how would ownership be determined?

The GM would be the logical choice, but what if they leave the guild and another member becomes GM? Does ownership automatically transfer over? If it doesn't then someone who isn't even in the guild any more still owns the house.

What if the guild disbands? Does the house no longer belong to anyone? What about all the items that were left inside?

If other games can figure out specifics for such things, I don't see why Zenimax couldn't haha all the games I've mentioned do it differently so I'm sure ZOS could come up with their own system for how things would work.... I'd rather see a game progress feature wise than get hung up over little details and say "it wouldn't work" or some other nonsense when other games have no problem figuring out a way to do it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    If other games can figure out specifics for such things, I don't see why Zenimax couldn't...

Other games may have very different game engines. We don't know what ZoS is or isn't able to do within the confines of theirs.
    PCNA
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other games may have very different game engines. We don't know what ZoS is or isn't able to do within the confines of theirs.
    Exactly, but I'm sure they could figure SOMETHING out haha they already have the ability to make visitors be able to decorate and etc.... Albion Online's islands function in a similar way, but they allow you to list someone as an actual co-owner. That's just an example though and not what I'm saying Zenimax should do.... but I know they could come up with and make something work if they REALLY wanted to take the time, effort, and money to do so. Then again, I am just one that is very tired of players and Zenimax themselves making excuses of why they can or cannot do things so <.<
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

This is the best idea I've heard yet, to keep from screwing the people that took the time and effort.