Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of Templar

Amerises
Amerises
✭✭✭✭
So I can burst down most classes and set up sets, and almost all inexperienced players. I run two offensive sets and Sea Serpant. I play stamplar, including PotL vs. PL. Between Living Dark, Vigor, Rally heal, ritual, and channeling focus, heals are good, and if I time my roll dodge and blocking, as long as I don’t get unlucky crits on a 1v1 or 1v2 fight, of 1v3/4 of inexperienced players, I’m usually alright. Am I OP? I don’t believe so, I play a build based on high SD which helps my burst, as well as my heals. If I play battle grounds, it’s not uncommon to be in the top 3 for points, usually top 2 of the whole match. My KD in BGs is between 2:1 and 3:1.

I am not bragging or saying I’m great. I think I play well enough, and I think I play on the edge of a stamplars burst potential. Usually open with a burst, hit vigor, and either keep pressure or pull off and heal and reset if needed.

It’s uncommon that sorcs or other templars don’t kill me. With sea serpents, it’s uncommon that a NB can burst me down as I’m usuallly fairly good at keeping up buffs and have learned how to avoid their combos, I also know how to time my burst because they are squishy. Necros are a one pony show (and it’s a tough pony, mind you, and still one pony).

And what about warden? I’d say those fights are relatively fun, however I’ve gotten use to seeing them beatles coming and know to heal and roll if I do get hit by them. If I survive that, it’s not often 1v1 I will lose.

Stamplar is strong. Part of it is skill.

And yet how is it that DKs are constantly at the top of BGs and have better KD ratios? How is it they hit me harder, and have better survivability? And lastly, how is it templars are getting another nerf this coming patch and DKs remain how they are?

Sure, nerf Templar again rather than make sure every class has a good burst potential. I don’t get it, but sure. But DKs are still and easier class, have more utility and survivability, and high damage potential. I don’t get it… can someone explain where the balance is? I wouldn’t mind if sorcs and necros and wardens get some more love. I wouldn’t even necessarily mind a nerf to Templar if it brought them in line. But they are not the problem! DKs are still far superior and are left untouched. I just don’t get it …
Edited by Amerises on October 13, 2022 10:23AM
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    It’s uncommon that sorcs or other templars don’t kill me.

Made me chuckle
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

Made me chuckle

lol I meant it in the negative, it’s often they do not kill me 😬
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Made me chuckle

That still sounds strange. It is uncommon that sorcs or other templars kill me.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

Made me chuckle

That still sounds strange. It is uncommon that sorcs or other templars kill me.

1v1, I usually best other templars and sorcs
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP is spot-on. I've played alot of BGs the past couple of years, and his perspective rings true/accurate.

DKs remain overpowered.

I play mainly MagDen, because I like a challenge. Granted, it's not an easy class right now (don't go confusing MagDen with StamDen; they are at opposite ends of the PVP spectrum at the moment).

I can time my combos and deep fissure exactly right (when lag allows) and often manage to hit a DK with 3 abilities to their 1 for 15 or 20 seconds, by using distance and good dodge rolling, etc, and whittle them down to ~5% health... Then, they heal up to full, hit corrosive, cc me, and spam whip into whirling blades -- completely outdamaging anything in MagDen offensive arsenal.

So yeah, DK is pretty fat and cheesy these days. HOWEVER, I AM NOT SUGGESTING DK BE NERFED (well, maybe adjust corrosive) -- RATHER, BUFF/FIX THE SYNERGIES OF OTHER CLASSES TO BRING UP THEM TO DK.

Nice post, OP. I agree 100%
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mara's balm remove one of tools of templar identity(there was times when purge was only templar tool and this was best time) and at the same time they nerfed our damage thing.
    Right now templar become perfect class to pve only, i can't accept current jabs in pvp in pve they are acceptable.
    They feel weak before nerf now they feel like Noodle Jabs , should new name of ability.

Animation should be revoked and they should return to old one.