The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Explorer's event only for 2 days?

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
Just logged in and the pop up announcement says its running for 2 days .. yet the bonus event description said "Shut down High Isle’s volcanic vents, and for every 25% of meter progress, we'll run the Explorer's Celebration for two days, starting when the Heroes of High Isle event ends on October 11 at 10AM EDT."
And we were at least at 58% .. so should run for 4 days at least?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 16, 2022 4:42PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's at 77%, so should be 6 days. They probably made a typo, or didn't change the 2 to the actual number yet.
  • raystormusa
    Something's not right here...

g2yh4h87ctsx.png

9handwgr99in.png
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given how many people were still grinding the vents right up to the last minute, I would think we'd actually earned 6 days if not the whole bar. There was never a quiet moment and always tons of people bringing them down.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something's not right here...

g2yh4h87ctsx.png

9handwgr99in.png

double exp you say?

*checks prices of alchemy and enchanting writs*
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update the page, it's at 77%. And relax, ZOS started the event already, while the 2 was probably only a placeholder till they knew the actual number. They will probably change it soon.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Could you ask the team to double check the duration of the event please? Doesn't seem to align with the completion rate and description.

Thank you :)
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just wanted to confirm that we are aware of the issue with the event showing 2 days. This is an error and the event will be extended to make sure you all get the full gained time based on meter progress.

Edited to confirm that it is also 6 days. We needed our article to go out first before confirming. Just following the process.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 11, 2022 2:32PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just wanted to confirm that we are aware of the issue with the event showing 2 days. This is an error and the event will be extended to make sure you all get the full gained time based on meter progress.

Thank you Mr Speedy :)
    Edited by fizl101 on October 11, 2022 2:21PM
    Soupy twist
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given how many people were still grinding the vents right up to the last minute, I would think we'd actually earned 6 days if not the whole bar. There was never a quiet moment and always tons of people bringing them down.

Yes, the vents seemed pretty active for the last few days. However, we're not sure how they were being counted. For instance, if 10 players shut down 1 vent, did that count as 1 vent or as 10 (because the volcanic thingy at the end was harvested by 10 players)? And the progress after the first day was only 17%, if I remember correctly, with about the same amount of progress on each day after that-- from memory, 17%, 35(?)%, 58%, and 77%.

Speaking for myself, I was doing only 1 or 2 vents on most days during the event, and I imagine a lot of other players were, as well. I did jump in and start to grind vents a bit more after I saw the progress meter at only 17% the first day, but I didn't have time to grind as many as I'd have liked.

I do think they're more fun to do than I'd initially thought, but that could be because my characters aren't powerful enough to solo them, and I'd been attempting to shut them down more or less solo back when I first tried them, which wasn't very much fun for me at the time.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Edited to confirm that it is also 6 days. We needed our article to go out first before confirming. Just following the process.

Any ETA on when that extension will be applied, or is just an issue with the pop-up? Logged into PS-NA and it's still showing 2 days.
    Edited by Destai on October 11, 2022 11:24PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Any ETA on when that extension will be applied, or is just an issue with the pop-up? Logged into PS-NA and it's still showing 2 days.

It's been applied. Thanks for the event!
    Edited by Destai on October 12, 2022 3:11PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post