Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How much time should farming a lead take?

Heartrage
Heartrage
✭✭✭✭✭
In the last chapter, we got some leads that were reported to take tens hours of farming to get. Recently, it was announced that the drop rate of some of those leads would be raised.

Is there a limit to the amount of time that should be needed to get one lead? Does it depend on the item, the way of farming the item or the content? What do you guys think?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 11, 2022 11:50AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Icy
    I’m sorry, but I’m confused? I’m not a native english speaker so I might have worded my post poorly?

I’m not asking for help or to help players with leads. I’m asking about how long players think that farming a lead should take as in how much they would want them to take for whatever their reasons are.

Is this category for every questions?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no answer. Some leads take minutes, others take days.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed Mora's Whispers for months before I finally gave up. I never did get the watchling lead. Nope, countless hours and nothing to show for it.
    PS5/NA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just yesterday some guildies were discussing that they were still trying to get the prismatic sunbird feather, yet I got it from my first gryphon right after antiquities were introduced. It's purely random.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heartrage You might have worded it a little funny but mostly I think people aren't reading you very thoroughly.

You want to take a poll on how long we think farming a single lead should take, right?

Since a mythic item requires 5 leads, not just 1, I think a maximum time of 2 hours is plenty. That's 10 hours of uninterrupted play time per mythic (and if you're lucky you got it a little faster,) and for most people that's 3+ real life days.

It should NEVER take longer than that. And it should never be tied to a quest, event, or action that can only be performed a certain number of times per day.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @Heartrage You might have worded it a little funny but mostly I think people aren't reading you very thoroughly.

You want to take a poll on how long we think farming a single lead should take, right?

Since a mythic item requires 5 leads, not just 1, I think a maximum time of 2 hours is plenty. That's 10 hours of uninterrupted play time per mythic (and if you're lucky you got it a little faster,) and for most people that's 3+ real life days.

It should NEVER take longer than that. And it should never be tied to a quest, event, or action that can only be performed a certain number of times per day.

Yeah, but it does. Mora's whispers was only the first mytic I gave up on. The kilt lead in Bal Foyen never dropped for me. After a couple of months I gave up on that one too. Most leads do drop quickly, but some just don't. Not quickly, not at all.
    PS5/NA
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some take longer and I don't like that it does, just to clarify. OP wanted to know what we would find acceptable, I think.

I've been luckier than you, the only two leads that gave me trouble were the oakensoul murkmire strongbox and the fargrave daily... Which was for the markyn ring of magesty I think. Oh, and the lead you have to get from the thieves guild guy that you can only talk to once a day.

All the "grinds" that are rinse and repeatable gave me what I needed in what I reckon was a fair amount of time. I think tying the grind to activities that can only be done a limited amount of times per day or has a stupid unknown variable spawn time is... ill advised.

Most mmorpg players are willing to grind. So let them grind. But remember each lead is only 20% of the work so 2 hours is on the long side of acceptable.