The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why are crafting mats ‘bound’ now?

GreatGildersleeve
GreatGildersleeve
✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that I couldn’t stack everything in my inventory because some of my rosin and elegant lining is ‘bound’. Has this always happened or is it new? I let my ESO+ lapse because of u35 so normally I gather I wouldn’t notice since it all goes to craft bag but this just seems weird.
Edited by GreatGildersleeve on October 10, 2022 9:56PM

Best Answer

• NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes. I understand why the rewards we got from the boxes were bound. But the things we get from deconstructing shouldn’t be bound! Hopefully that’s a temporary bug. :#
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
    Answer ✓
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You probably got them from the daily reward calendar.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

This.

The question is, with crafting use the bound ones first?
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

So far the crating materials we got from the login rewards have been normal unbound materials that stacked with the stuff that was there already. Apparently the rewards from the latest event changed that. At least that's what I read here.
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. They weren’t from daily rewards. I got them from breaking down bound gear. I had just picked up that High Isle reward box with all the nesting boxes and, after binding and breaking down that gear for sticker book, was left with the bound mats.
    Edited by GreatGildersleeve on October 10, 2022 9:56PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they mistagged the items from the rewards box, as well as any "children" of those items.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points