Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

random normal vs. random vet

Csleia
Csleia
✭✭✭
why are the rewards still the same
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 9, 2022 5:26PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it would be problematic to offer a greater reward to a random vet. Less experienced players would more likely to queue for random vet.

Many of us refuse to run with a random group due to skill level issues which is the biggest reason tanks only run with friends or their guilds. This would drive more players from running with a random group.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Because it would be problematic to offer a greater reward to a random vet. Less experienced players would more likely to queue for random vet.

Many of us refuse to run with a random group due to skill level issues which is the biggest reason tanks only run with friends or their guilds. This would drive more players from running with a random group.

Yep. But they really should do something to make the random vet more enticing. Undaunted Plunder would be a nice start. What would be really nice is double drops on the final boss, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep. But they really should do something to make the random vet more enticing. Undaunted Plunder would be a nice start. What would be really nice is double drops on the final boss, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Plunder would increase the number of less experienced players to queue for the random vet. Double drops on the final boss is not very enticing.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Plunder would increase the number of less experienced players to queue for the random vet. Double drops on the final boss is not very enticing.

Anything is better than now. I run random vets only to escape the group killers when on my DD, which is a weird incentive when you think about it
    Edited by El_Borracho on October 10, 2022 8:25PM
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »
    why are the rewards still the same

In vet, you get purple gear drop (deconstructed, it sells well), double undaunted keys and monster helms, all are needed.
    When i needed those things for my build, i was doing only vet dungeons. Now that i only need experience, i do random normals.
    Also, i never had problems as tank even in DLC vet dungeons - if both DDs are bad i can just leave and queue again (for tank queue is instant).
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anything is better than now. I run random vets only to escape the group killers when on my DD, which is a weird incentive when you think about it

I do not understand why it is better to promote more inexperienced players to queue for veteran dungeons when that is the very reason why tanks avoid the GF. Considering the current design of incentives, it seems Zenimax sees the same problem with changing it. At least, we can hope so.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I do not understand why it is better to promote more inexperienced players to queue for veteran dungeons when that is the very reason why tanks avoid the GF. Considering the current design of incentives, it seems Zenimax sees the same problem with changing it. At least, we can hope so.

It is the sad side effect. I wish there were a way around it because I like running veteran dungeons. Run them with guildies and friends all the time.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is the sad side effect. I wish there were a way around it because I like running veteran dungeons. Run them with guildies and friends all the time.

True, and it is why I run with guild mates now as well. The experience is much better as the runs are much smoother.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, if pugging vet dungeons is very smart to do it during pledges. Same is true for normal DLC as so many do an 5 key runs.
    You are much more likely getting an decent group.
    Also more experienced players tend to have more friends who they ask.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.