The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The scoring system needs fixed

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There have been countless posts about how bugged and flawed the scoring system is. Players get varied amounts of rank given for wins, and there are consistent patterns of wins followed by losing streaks that many players have verified.

No one knows why sometimes we get 110 and other times we get 210 or 310. There has been speculation that this is because we played a higher rank player, but how do we know this? If the scoring is bugged or inaccurate then who can accurately determine that Player A is really a higher rank than Player B so Player B should get more points for defeating Player A?

In light of all the inconsistency I believe there should be a set amount of points awarded for winning as well as losing, regardless of who the game thinks is higher rank than the other. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please shed some light on the scoring system so we know what we are up against, and please consider my suggestion to implement set amounts for wins as well as losses.
Edited by SilverBride on October 8, 2022 9:27PM
PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not so much fixed but clarity as to why the difference and how’s it’s calculated.

Knowing why it is happening as it is is required to understand if it is working on a meaningful and proper way or if something is wrong.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definitely need clarity. And I'd like to know why I can't win more than 2 games without falling into a losing streak.
    PCNA
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    aggreed. We need the scores to be clarified.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed; and furthermore, if there are particular statistics being used, like wins/losses, average rank of opponents played against, etc..., why not display those on the group/Tales of Tribute page in the menu?
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    My first match I was paired with someone who had 2 aquired decks and they kicked my butt..what fun is that for either party? It's like your first time in Cyrodiil and some sweaty streamer is following you around and ganking you in between keeps and you never get to experience the fun of PvP before you decide to never step foot in there again. I didn't even know what was going on and they were playing as though they have played 16 hours a day since the game dropped. People need to feel accomplishments in order to find things fun. I understand there will be failures, but long losing streaks just ruin the appeal of the game. I played the AI at first and really found the game fun, but once I started queing for matches I just get slaughtered by people with some if not all the aquired decks. They need to change how decks are chosen as well, if both players don't have it then it shouldn't be in play. Or maybe when choosing a deck you should be able to remove one of the non basic decks as well. Maybe have a basic deck que that would better help novice players learn without being overwhelmed by complicated advanced decks and then slaughtered without even knowing the ins and outs of the basic decks. At least this way novice players will have a better chance when matched with experienced ones. There should also be a better AI option that isn't so easy to beat once you learn the basics. Its a great game being ruined by a sloppy match system. I would say from my experience (please let me share my experience without quoting me and ripping me a new one because I have thoughts and feelings about things you don't agree with..you know who you are) that about 1 in 15 matches are fun and intense and highly enjoyable because you are evenly matched and win or lose you had fun. Wheras the other 14 if not more are just getting ripped and are no where close to fun because you are losing so hard the only reason you haven't conceded is the 10 min cooldown.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one knows why sometimes we get 110 and other times we get 210 or 310.

Really? I've been tracking the ratings for more than one week, I never got more than 80 points, and it's ultra rare, most of the time I get between 0 to 10 points. But every single time I lose a match they took me 150 points. The ranking is a total mess, even the results screen is trash, all it displays are lies. Anyway I can't understand if the ranking system is absolutely bugged or if they designed it this way for people to avoid play ranked ToT. I'm saying this because it takes dozens of consecutive wins to reach the top 10, and then you three matches and are out of top 100. So, most people stops playing after reaching an high position. This is ridiculous. The ranking should be designed to be competitive and to motivate everybody to play.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , why am I losing 150 points for lost games and only gaining 20 to 30 points for most wins while the que timer regularly takes 2 minutes?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , why am I losing 150 points for lost games and only gaining 20 to 30 points for most wins while the que timer regularly takes 2 minutes?

Similar question. Why do I lose 80 points against players ranked above me? At this point it just seems like the ranking system rewards playing the same people over and over when those above you in rank are offline.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel